Role Title: ICT Assistant (MJAP Uganda Jobs)
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) is a private-not- for profit Company under Makerere University. MJAP works to build partnerships and strengthen health systems to optimally respond to HIV/AIDS, TB and other diseases of public health importance in Africa.
In collaboration with the Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) MJAP will implement a program on Accelerating HIV/AIDS Epidemic Control in Masaka region (Gomba,Butambala, Sembabule and Mpigi districts). In addition, MJAP is anticipating a sub-award grant for accelerating HIV/AIDS Epidemic Control in Kampala region; under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Role Definition: Support the project to manage the day to day ICT operations and managing the ICT infrastructure through configuration, implementation and maintenance of ICT equipment in in line with the Program ICT policies.
Reports to: Finance & Operations Manager
1. Identify and implement new ICT technologies and methodologies that will benefit the Program
and project to achieve set goals efficiently and effectively
2. Installing, maintaining and repairing hardware and software
3. Testing and evaluating new technology and supporting new applications and users.
4. Implement network security measures to protect data, software and hardware.
5. Trouble shoot telecom, computer hardware/software and network problems
6. Give technical and expertise support to procurement office regarding procurement and disposal
of ICT goods and services
7. Implement backup solutions for program data and information
8. Basic maintenance of the mail server with outlook for users, File Transfer Protocol (FTP) service,
and update the servers as per the human resource department
9. Prepare and deliver capacity building programs to staff in usage and consumption of ICT services
10. Plan, design and implement Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and
Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN) solutions and keep them in a functional state
11. Carryout periodic maintenance of ICT equipment.
12. Website maintenance which will include regular updating of the program website
13. Install computer devices including printers, scanners, office phones, etc. and carry out regular servicing of MJAP ICT equipment in the supported districts and health facilities, line with ICT policies and procedures.
Qualifications and job specifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Telecommunication or its equivalent education from recognized University.
- Professional certification in managing Microsoft systems MCTS on a centralized network environment or its equivalent. (Microsoft Certified Technology).
- 2 years’ relevant working experience in ICT services
- Knowledge of network design, implementation and administration; and internet systems and operations
- Knowledge of Linux administration
- ICT management and trouble shooting
- Preventive maintenance of computers and accessories
Key personal competencies
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills,
- Ability to function effectively with multiple partners and sub-grantee staff
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- A good team player
- Ability to mentor and coach others in the use
How to apply
MJAP is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned requirements should email their applications, a detailed curriculum vita and copies of relevant academic documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to;
The Human Resource Manager,
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP),
Deadline: not later than 17 th May, 2017, 5:00pm.
- Please indicate the position and region you’re applying for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.