Position: Child Sponsorship and Development Assistant (World Vision Uganda Jobs)
Report to: Child Sponsorship and Development Facilitator
Location: Various Field Offices in Eastern and Western Uganda
World Vision Uganda Jobs: Timely/quality implementation of field level programmatic activities and sponsorship performance is in line with targets and partnership standards and managed in a manner that contributes to sustained and improved child wellbeing.
Implementation and reporting of planned activities
- Participate in planning and budgeting, preparation of work plans, implementation of planned activities and monitoring/ reporting of progress.
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation of planned activities and community level engagements.
- Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops and other fora.
- Identify local level partners and support and facilitate the partners in the implementation of planned activities.
- Facilitate stakeholders and partners in supervision and monitoring of programmatic activities.
- Support the collection and documentation of impact and success stories.
Community engagement and advocacy
- Innovatively support communities including RC households to participate and benefit from the programme development.
- Sensitize community on sponsorship (RC guardians, community leaders and other community members) and facilitate participation in the sponsorship management project.
- Train the children committees in the respective parishes in advocating for their wellbeing.
- Support and facilitate the children committees to plan for and hold meetings at all levels (School, parish and sub county) on a regular basis and document findings
- Support the children committees to conduct outreaches within their villages/parishes and sub counties
- Mobilize and facilitate active participation of children and their communities to participate in planning, monitoring and implementation of community development initiatives.
- Build the capacity of children, families and community to collectively engage local leaders on identified issues.
- Follow-up on commitments by leaders on improvement of the wellbeing of children.
- Mobilize communities to participate in annual children care and protection days – such as the Day of African child.
- Plan for and implement regular scheduled and unscheduled HR audits and other risk mitigation measures.
- Ensure identified gaps are addressed within agreed timeline(s) and recommend to management appropriate action to mitigate future risks.
Management of sponsorship performance
- Monitoring of RC in line with partnership standards.
- RC records and files well managed and stored securely.
- Support RCs to correspond with sponsors in a timely manner.
- Facilitate processing of all special mails; Christmas cards, Spontaneous letters, APR, introductory letters within partnership standard.
- Support children to respond to sponsor correspondences- Sponsor letters and introductory letters.
- Support management of Support Office Queries, Gift Notifications, mails, and file copies of correspondences in children’s files.
- Conduct and produce quality periodic mailings (APR and Christmas Cards).
- Take quality pictures according to the required standards
- Mobilize and support RC families to adequately prepare for and manage sponsor visits
Monitoring of Registered Children
- RC monitoring and follow up of the child wellbeing in accordance to the minimum programming standard (once every 90 days).
- Support development of integrated monitoring plan in assigned area with ADP stakeholders
- Complete and file the monitoring data in the children files.
- Analyze and follow up critical RCs findings (especially RCs with challenges).
- Compile monitoring reports for management action.
- Hold monthly / quarterly meetings with Child Monitors and guardians/parents and child protection committees to address findings from monitoring.
- Work with CDF to identify, train monitors and partners.
- Provide information on support and benefit of RC to the CSDF and SDA to enable entry in STEP
Child Protection and Wellbeing
- Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any accordance in line with child protection policy and guidelines.
- Work with local leaders to protection children from child violations and abuses on child protection.
- Sensitization of children including all RC on child protection.
- Sensitize children, guardians/parents and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities with a view to identify child violations.
- Report cases of child abuse in the programme area.
- Report cases of child incidents for follow up.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Only candidates with a minimum of a Bachelor Degree in in any of the following Health, Agriculture, Education and related fields will be considered; Community Health, Nutrition and Dietetics, Public Health, Environmental Science, Agriculture, Agribusiness, Education attained from a recognized institution of higher Learning.
- At least one year of experience in Development work attained from an International NGO, with sound understanding of programming
- You must be able to ride a Motor Cycle with a clean riders permit-class A
- You must be able to communicate in the local language of the programme area
- Strong experience in documentation and evidence based/impact reporting
- Ability to work in a team to achieve excellence in execution, committed, accountable and passionate about the work we do.
- Commitment to World Vision mission and partnership values and sensitivity to its various expressions across cultures and denomination.
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliable and dependable
- Networking and influencing skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
How to Apply:
To Apply click here