Job Title: Management Trainee – OFC Engineer (NITA-U Jobs)
Duration: 1 year
NITA-U Jobs: The Management Trainee – OFC Engineer shall work in the Infrastructure Delivery Department and will provide supervision and support in the extension of the NBI/EGI to MDAs and Local Governments as well as the roll-out of IT Services and provide quality assurance of OFC implementations.
The Key Result Areas for the IT Services Officer will include the following:
- Engagement of MDAs and Local Governments to connect to the National Data Transmission Backbone Infrastructure(NBI)
- Liaison and Management of Clients and Stakeholders on behalf of NITA-U in the implementation and rollout and delivery of NITA-U services to MDAs
- Engagement of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and Local Governments to sign the Memorandum of Understanding and Service Level Agreement for the provision of NITA-U Services through the NBI
- Participation and support to the establishment of key Government IT initiatives/Projects;
- Participate in the supervision and verification of works, installation, maintenance and management of the NBI
- Perform Acceptance Testing of the OFC Implementation and facilitate the handover of newly installed sites to the Network Team
- Participate in sensitization of stakeholders on the implementation of the NBI Project and the services delivered through the backbone.
- Prepare periodic reports to track progress of implementation and extension of the NBI to MDAs and Local Governments across the Country
Qualifications and Competencies
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or Telecommunications Engineering and Electrical Engineering
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team;
- Analytical and problem –solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Customer relationship management
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form (Click to download NITA-U Application Form), with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts. The deadline for applications is 29th May 2017 (Not later than 1700 hrs Local Time). No application will be accepted without a duly completed and signed standard application form (referred to above).
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Any form of solicitation, influence peddling and or any other “backdoor” attempt, of whatsoever nature, to influence the selection process in ones favour, will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate without any recourse.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is 29th May 2017 (Not later than 1700 hrs Local Time).