IDI Jobs 2017 – 11 Diploma Record Clerks
Job Title: 11 Records Clerks (IDI Jobs 2017)
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Data Officer
IDI Jobs 2017: The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is an international non-profit organization which is a partnership of infectious diseases and public health specialists. The overall objective of the IDI is to strengthen health systems with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases, through Research and Capacity Development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University – John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach.
About CDC / PEPFAR Project:
IDI received funding from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/PEPFAR, IDI is implementing comprehensive HIV/AIDS services in the Kampala region of Uganda under the project: “Accelerating epidemic control in Kampala region of Uganda through scale up of evidence based and high impact interventions towards achievement of UNAIDS 90:90:90 targets.”
Job Summary: The Records Clerk will support entry of patient level data into electronic and paper-based systems to ensure establishment of high quality medical records at supported health facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide mentorship and training support to build capacity of facility teams to generate and maintain high quality patient data using standard HMIS tools.
- Maintain up-to-date electronic medical records for all HIV/AIDS patients and generate real time on-site reports from facility databases.
- The incumbent will also maintain high quality paper-based medical records including registers, HIV care cards, clinical notes, test results and medical reports for all patients in care.
- Support safe storage of client medical records and promote patient confidentiality at all times.
- Establish systems that allow for easy retrieval and archiving of patient files within facility records rooms.
- Participate in facility performance monitoring initiatives and routine data use activities to continuously guide implementation of key project activities.
- Works closely with health facility teams to conduct regular data quality assessments, and to implement and document data quality improvement activities.
- Support facility data teams to compile and submit accurate HMIS and programmatic reports according to the set project, donor and Ministry of Health reporting timelines.
- Perform any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Records Clerk job opportunity should preferably hold a Diploma in Information Science and Technology or Records Management
- Up-to-date technical knowledge of the national Health Management Information System
- Good communication, leadership, organization and management skills
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct
- Possess basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, internet and power point
- Previous experience in using information systems including Uganda EMR and DHIS2
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons may apply through e-mail or hand-deliver their application letter with a detailed CV, copies of academic credentials with at least two referees to:
The Manager Human Resources,
Infectious Diseases Institute,
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 31st May 2017