Job Title: TREP Officer (URA Jobs 2017)
Duty Station: Mukono, Hoima, Kamuli and Kasese, Uganda
Reports to: Respective Station Head
Job Code: HRM/035/611
Gross Salary: UGX 700,000 /=
URA Jobs 2017: URA was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Tax Payer Registration and Expansion Program (TREP) is a collaborative initiative between URA, Local Governments, KCCA and the Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) aimed at identifying, sensitizing, educating, registering and supporting potential Taxpayers with the aim of growing a tax paying culture among Uganda’s citizens. TREP is a country wide program rolled out to the 34 urban municipal councils and as such all applicants must be flexible and ready to be deployed up country.
Job Summary: The TREP Officer will implement the Taxpayer register expansion programme by working closely with our partners (MOLG, KCCA, URSB) and the selected Local Governments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out sensitization and tax education for clients in relation to their rights and obligations
- Conduct door-to-door identification and registration of potential clients in order to expand.
- Provide hands on support to clients in order to enable them meet their obligations in relation to registration, filling of tax returns and payment of taxes.
- Identify and report risks that may impact the success of the programme.
- Keenly monitor compliance of the clients to ensure they continuously fulfill their obligations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) TREP Officer jobs should possess Bachelor’s degrees from recognized Academic Institutions. (Only Candidates with an Honours Degree should apply)
- The applicants must have attained a minimum of credit in Maths and English at O’ level
- At least one year of experience in carrying out field work while interfacing with members of the public
- Knowledge of Domestic tax laws
- Highly Adaptable and flexible
- Possess good analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Strong customer focus and sensitivity to high quality services
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams from diverse Business areas
- Exceptional Integrity and with potential to Lead
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation & communication skills
- Self-motivated, innovative and works with minimum supervision
- Ability to keep abreast with all emerging business trends and demands
- Age: Below 35 years old
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online by visiting the website below. Please go to Careers link, , ‘CAREERS -> EXPERIENTIAL HIRING -> Login (If new, register, else continue)’ to view detailed job description of the roles and responsibilities and other required competencies. All applicants are required to scan and attach copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Transcript, O’ Level, A’ level, Degree certificates. Each attachment should not exceed a limit of 1 MB and ONLY Portable Document Format (pdf) are allowed. Please select the preferred Municipality as you apply. (Check top of advert for duty stations)
Note: The list of shortlisted and successful candidates will be published on the URA website. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority. Any applicants found with forged academic documents will be charged in the courts of law.
Deadline: 24th June 2017 at 11:59pm