Job Title: Receptionist. (World Bank Uganda Jobs)
Employer: World Bank
World Bank Uganda Jobs: The successful candidate will be required to provide professional reception and administrative support services to the organization. S/he will be required to work on multiple concurrent tasks with constant interruption without losing concentration or attention to detail. S/he must be able to deal with emergency situations in a calm, efficient and prompt manner; showing an excellent sense of initiative and discretion.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
These include but are not limited to:
• Using a multi-line telephone, answering a high volume of telephone calls with courtesy, speed and accurately routing the calls.
• Receiving, communicating and screening visitors then directing them to their proper destination in a courteous and professional manner.
• Providing general information regarding the Bank and responding to routine inquiries or complaints from clients and members of the public in line with Bank’s policies and management direction.
• Referring non-routine, sensitive and/or complex requests for information and other inquiries or complaints to appropriate staff.
• Relaying messages accurately orally, manually and by electronic mail.
• Performing other office support functions, examples of which include receiving, sorting and ensuring distribution of incoming mail.
• Making calls on behalf of staff and when needed
• Coordinates monthly subscriptions of newspapers to ensure that they are valid.
• Receive and distribute newspapers and regular journals to relevant staff
• Maintain Internal and external directories, circulating and updating of the visiting missions schedule weekly, updating of staff AWS/Leave/Missions schedule, recording and dispatch of pouch weekly.
• Minimum qualification of Diploma in Secretarial studies or an equivalent.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to interact tactfully with people of all levels.
• Demonstrable team spirit and strong desire to actively contribute to a Bank’s objectives.
• Willingness and ability to assist in any ad-hoc tasks that may come up.
• Excellent word and data processing skills (Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, etc.)
• Ability to pass relevant Bank Group test at time of recruitment (English language).
• Minimum of two years’ cognate experience in a busy office environment.
In addition to the above selection criteria, the following competencies are expected of the successful candidate:
• Deliver Results for Clients. Responds to client requests in a timely manner. Demonstrates positive attitude and responsiveness to client requests and has basic understanding of the role of the department and of the larger organization. Is able to execute tasks and complete requests in a consistent and timely manner
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries. Works cooperatively and displays an open, helpful attitude toward others and approaches conflicts as common problems to be solved. Values the importance of others’ views and is aware of impact of work on larger World Bank Group.
• Shows positive, constructive attitude. Shows interest in and helps to solve routine problems. Considers own behavior in context of World Bank Group’s values and mission and adapts to changing circumstances
• Seeks opportunities to grow and further develop own capabilities. Shows interest in knowledge, learning, and enhancing own skills. Interacts positively with others for the exchange of information and ideas and receives and incorporates feedback from others.
• Makes decisions appropriate to scope of job. Seeks assistance and guidance from others where appropriate and uses own judgment to make timely and sound decisions
The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
How to apply:
Applications are online here
Deadline: 10 July 2017
World Bank Uganda Jobs – Diploma Receptionist