Job Title: Assistant Accountant – DREAMS- SAGE PROJECT (World Vision Uganda Jobs)
Employer: World Vision
REPORTING TO: SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER
ABOUT THE DREAMS-SAGE PROJECT
World Vision Uganda Jobs: The World Vision Strengthening School Community Accountability for Girls Education (SAGE) project is funded by DREAMS Innovation Challenge and works in 10 districts in North and Central Uganda. The project aims to contribute towards reduction in new HIV infections among adolescent girls by increasing girls’ access and retention in positive secondary school environments in the selected districts.
Purpose of the Position:
To provide financial technical support within the Grant in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the acceptable International Financial Accounting standards and liaise with the Senior Finance Officer on all financial matters relating to the Grant.
Description of main Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare financial vouchers, and allocate costs to all cost centers relating to key financial transactions.
- Carry out daily payments of cash and cheques to the respective payees and make weekly and monthly reviews as per the budget and donor requirements
- Carry out Bank / Project Financial dealings which involve cash withdrawals, deposits, Statements and transfers to Community Based organizations in accordance to WVU and the Donor requirements.
- Prepare monthly project funding requests, funding reconciliation and bank reconciliation statements for the project accounts in line with WV Financial Manual policies and guidelines.
- Maintain completed/updated stores records and items (stock cards, bin cards, good received notes, stores requisitions and returns books, delivery notes and way bills in accordance with WVI/WVU policy.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- A University degree with a major in Accounting and part qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA or CIMA or equivalent.
- A minimum of one years’ post qualification experience, preferably within World Vision.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Must Communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and orally.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
How to apply: