Job Title : Field Officers (Tugende Jobs in Uganda)
Job at: Tugende
Duty Station: Kampala, Mbarara, Jinja and Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Credit/Collection Officer
Tugende Jobs in Uganda: The Field Officer will serve the primary customer service point of contact between Tugende and its clients.
Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise that helps motorcycle taxi drivers in Uganda own their own motorcycles via a fair, transparent lease-to-own model instead of renting indefinitely. Ownership significantly increases income, job security and road safety. Across Uganda and many other emerging markets, motorcycles help drive the economy, mitigate traffic jams and bad roads, and offer hundreds of thousands of jobs for those with little formal education. Tugende is proving that millions of self-employed entrepreneurs can receive credit to own the equipment they use to provide for their families, even without credit histories, collateral, and in industries considered high risk by traditional lenders. We currently serve over 3,818 customers in Kampala, Mbarara, Jinja, and Mbale. We plan to expand to at least 10 locations in Uganda over the next 1-2 years and then to regional neighbours which may include Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania and South Sudan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Vetting and Management:
- Recruit new applicants: Identify capable clients for Tugende hire-purchase arrangements.
- Register applicants: Meet with applicants to obtain information on them and answer their questions about the application process.
- Vet applicants: Conduct field visits (at applicant’s stage and home) while paired with another Field Officer.
- Analyze the strength of completed applications: Analyze applicants’ financial status, creditworthiness and outstanding leases to determine applicant qualification.
- Approve/Reject applicants: Evaluate applicant’s creditworthiness in line with the existing guidelines
- Review lease agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to the Tugende Policies.
- Help deliver Motorcycles to new clients. Ensure that clients understand the key terms and conditions of Tugende, as well as the warrantee and maintenance requirements, before handing over the Motorcycles.
Manage client needs and portfolio performance:
- Collections: Manage portfolio of up to 180 clients. Regularly follow up on client repayments (on phone and in person), understand any repayment and work challenges, give recommendations or escalate problem cases where necessary. Ensure client data is accurately captured in the lease management system in a timely manner
- Customer service: Listen and attend to customer comments and inquiries, give recommendations or escalate problem cases where necessary.
- Office work: Be able to help with office work including signing contracts with clients, transferring titles for Motorcycles and processing passenger service vehicle licenses (PSVs).
- Office maintenance: Help keep office clean, manage motorcycle traffic outside office, and coordinate clients during applicant classes.
- Coordinate with local authorities: Engage them as required to facilitate field operations.
- Be informed: Stay abreast of new innovations and financial services so as to better meet customer needs.
- Always Growing: Attend career development programs organized by Tugende.
- Build knowledge of and skills at using Tugende systems
- Build understanding of lease account portfolio management.
- Learn new methods to work with clients and help them overcome day-to-day operational challenges.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Field Officer jobs should preferably hold Diplomas in a business-related field or related fields
- Excellent customer service and empathy for our customers.
- Applicants with field work and community development experience have an added advantage
- Previous experience working with a credit-related business is desired
- Motorcycle riding ability is an added advantage.
- Adopt and champion the values that Tugende stands for: Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Solutions-Oriented and always growing
- Ability and willingness to learn to ride a motorcycle to conduct fieldwork
- Comfortable using a computer
- High level of professionalism and integrity, with good moral character
- Proficiency in local languages in any of the duty stations at the top of this advert is desired
- Tugende’s core values: The ideal candidates should excel at customer service and embody our Tugende core values: empathy, integrity, teamwork, solutions-oriented and always growing.
Job Benefits: Candidates who excel at this job will have the opportunity to be promoted to the following jobs;
- Customer Experience Officer
- Senior Credit / Collection officer
- Credit / Collections Coordinator
- Branch Coordinator
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 7th July 2017
Tugende Jobs in Uganda – 40 Field Officers