DRC Uganda Jobs – Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (DRC Uganda Jobs)
Job at: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
DRC Uganda Jobs: The Administrative Assistant will give day to day administrative support and work in close collaboration with other HR/Administrative Assistants in Westnile offices focusing on reception, practical arrangements and accommodation in Westnile.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder manages assistance to all travelers by ensuring timely accommodation bookings in line with the DRC travel policy.
- The Administrative assistant controls the central mailing system for Arua Office.
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible for processing payments to service providers under their docket to be reviewed by the Head of Support for accuracy. These payments will relate to travel and accommodation, utilities (cooking gas, running water, electricity, Garbage and Stan kit).
- The Administrative Assistant will from time to time be required to take responsibility in office management by ensuring the office environment is clean and conducive.
- Manages assistance for all guests including staff and all the other stake holders.
- Manages the central mailing book for West Nile office ensuring that all incoming and outgoing mail is correctly recorded.
- Maintains an updated contact list as shared by the IT Officer.
- Organizing and scheduling appointments.
- Receiving phone calls at the office.
- Ensures that there is always tea, coffee and drinking water available at the office.
- Compiles minutes from the Monday morning meetings from all Westnile locations and disseminates a finalized copy by Thursday of every week after the review of the Head of Support, It is the responsibility of the Admin Assistant to follow up with various field sites to ensure that the minutes will be received timely.
- From time to time give assistance with logistical support to the organization of in-house trainings and meetings ensuring the venue is in order, stationary available, clean/suitable food and refreshments are provided if need be.
- Manages filing of office administrative documents.
- Displays necessary notices and memos on the office Notice board as requested.
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and you may be required to perform extra tasks depending on operational needs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Administrative Assistant job placement must hold relevant qualifications, skills and experience to perform the aforementioned tasks
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including;
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria
- Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com clearly indicating position title in the subject line. Deadline: 18th July 2017
DRC Uganda Jobs – Administrative Assistant
Get Email Job Updates
Search Jobs Here
Most Popular Jobs
- Procurement Assistants – FHI 360 Uganda Jobs
- Data Officer – Baylor College Uganda Jobs
- 112 Program Assistants – Brac Uganda
- Finance & Admin Assistant – Baylor College Uganda Jobs
- Administration & Operations Assistant – TPO Uganda
- 2 Field Workers – UVRI Uganda Jobs
- IT Officer – DTB Uganda Jobs
- Cafe Javas Uganda Jobs 2021 – Waiters, Waitresses, Hostesses & Food Pickups
- Sales Executive – Edelle Optics
- Research Assistants – Makerere University Jobs
Categories: Jobs In Uganda
- Accounting Jobs In Uganda (460)
- Administration & Secretarial Jobs In Uganda (1,243)
- Agricultural Jobs In Uganda (153)
- Auditing Jobs In Uganda (103)
- Aviation Jobs In Uganda (47)
- Banking Jobs In Uganda (383)
- Beauty and Saloon Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Building and Construction Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Business & Development Jobs In Uganda (296)
- Call Centre Jobs In Uganda (34)
- Career Advice (12)
- Catering Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Communications Jobs In Uganda (101)
- Counselling Jobs In Uganda (44)
- Customer Care Jobs In Uganda (111)
- Data Collection Entry and Analysis Jobs In Uganda (341)
- Debt Collection Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Driving Jobs In Uganda (176)
- Economist Jobs in Uganda (6)
- Education Teaching and Lecturing Jobs In Uganda (134)
- Embassy Jobs In Uganda (63)
- Engineering Jobs In Uganda (360)
- Entrepreneurship (2)
- Environment Jobs in Uganda (68)
- Fashion Design Jobs (3)
- Fast Food & Restaurant Jobs (8)
- Field Jobs in Uganda (303)
- Finance Jobs (654)
- Food Science and Nutrition Jobs in Uganda (82)
- Freelancing Jobs (2)
- Front Desk Jobs in Uganda (76)
- Geoscience Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Graduate Trainee Jobs in Uganda (374)
- Graphics & Design Jobs (10)
- Guidance & Counseling Jobs (16)
- Health & Safety Jobs in Uganda (57)
- Hospitality & Tourism Jobs in Uganda (41)
- Hotel Jobs (18)
- Human Resource Jobs in Uganda (216)
- Human Rights Jobs (27)
- ICT and Computer Jobs (474)
- Insurance Jobs in Uganda (80)
- Internal Audit Jobs in Uganda (26)
- Internships & Trainings in Uganda (512)
- Laboratory Jobs in Uganda (112)
- Land Surveying Jobs (2)
- Legal Jobs (118)
- Manufacturing Jobs (24)
- Marketing Jobs (144)
- Media and Mass Communications Jobs (67)
- Medical & Health Jobs In Uganda (448)
- Micro finance Jobs in Uganda (130)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda (247)
- NGO Jobs in Uganda (2,526)
- No Experience Jobs in Uganda (630)
- Nursing Jobs in Uganda (26)
- Oil and Gas Jobs (10)
- Part Time Jobs in Uganda (37)
- Pharmacy Jobs in Uganda (21)
- Procurement & Supply Chain Jobs in Uganda (207)
- Projects Management Jobs in Uganda (302)
- Public Relations Jobs in Uganda (12)
- Real Estate Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Receptionist Jobs in Uganda (58)
- Records Library and Document Control Jobs (85)
- Research Jobs In Uganda (118)
- Sales and Marketing Jobs in Uganda (325)
- Scholarships for Ugandans (10)
- Social Work Jobs in Uganda (258)
- Sports Jobs (1)
- Statistics Job in Uganda (73)
- Stores Management Jobs in Uganda (100)
- Supervisor Jobs (3)
- Taxation Jobs in Uganda (15)
- Telecom Jobs in Uganda (28)
- Translator Jobs (3)
- Transport and Logistics Jobs in Uganda (146)
- Typing jobs (2)
- Uganda Government jobs (286)
- UN jobs in Uganda (401)
- Uncategorized (313)
- Veterinary Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Volunteer jobs in Uganda (85)