Job Title: 2 Executive Assistants
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Office Notice No.: 06/17 KPL
Starting Monthly Salary: UGX 4,137,961
British High Commission Jobs: The British High Commission is the diplomatic liaison office that aims to develop and maintain close bilateral relations with Uganda, in accordance with British government policies. The British High Commission is responsible for the political relationship between the UK and Uganda, and we provide advice and guidance on political and governance issues. BHC provides assistance and documentary services to British nationals in Uganda. The UK Trade and Investment Section provides assistance to both British and Ugandan businesses.
British High Commission Jobs: The Executive Assistant will provide PA support the High Commissioner/Deputy High Commissioner and the Defence Advisor. The EA to the High Commissioner also oversees the calendar of events at the official residence, managing events for the High Commissioner and coordinating others to ensure they deliver on official objectives. Both positions are multi-faceted roles which play a significant part in the wider life of the High Commission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with diary management including setting up official meetings and managing internal schedules;
- Responsible for managing travel and accommodation arrangements of High Commissioner/Defence Advisor;
- Tasked with the production, registration and dispatch of official correspondence and documents for meetings;
- Provide ad hoc support on IT, security and other areas;
- In charge of budget management and oversight of spending;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the British High Commission (BHC) Executive Assistants jobs should have prior PA experience
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Packages
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Good team player.
Personal Competencies: Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace
NB: This role requires security clearance and is available to nationals of the UK, Canada, Australia, USA and New Zealand only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the British High Commission in the aforementioned capacity should apply by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 4th August 2017