Job Title: Human Resource Intern
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Human Resource & Administration
UCU Uganda Jobs: Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in keeping safe custody and filing of staff personnel files and documents.
- Assist in updating staff files and data and opening new staff files.
- Tasked with receiving job applications, processing and filing them accordingly.
- Assist in updating the Human Resource Database.
- Support the Staff Welfare Officer in organizing and planning for staff events, functions and activities.
- Receiving and reconciling payment projections and actual for Casual workers across the University.
- Assist in organizing meetings within the Directorate of Human Resource & Administration.
- Attending to immediate inquiries and queries made by staff, visitors and students.
- Receiving mail/documents in the Directorate of Human Resource Administration.
- Issuing various HR related forms to Support & Group staff.
- Any other official duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Human Resource Intern must hold a Bachelor’s degree (at least 2:1) in Human Resource Management from Uganda Christian University.
- Familiarity with Uganda Labour Laws
- Must have excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Internet)
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills especially when dealing with students, staff and visitors
- Must be a person of high integrity with excellent working ethic
- Must be a committed and practicing Christian
How to Apply:
All prospective employees are encouraged to send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and two references (Leadership & Pastoral). Please also attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts. All online applications must be sent in one PDF attachment.
The Manager of Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O. Box 4, Mukono. Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday, 30th November 2018 by 5:00pm