Job title: Administrative Assistant-Regulatory Affairs – MRC Uganda Jobs
Reporting to: The Clinical Research coordinator
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
MRC Uganda Jobs: The Medical Research Council/ Uganda Virus Research Institute (MRC/UVRI) based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute in Entebbe is a bilateral multi-disciplinary research organization funded by, the Medical Research Council (UK) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Uganda under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and other donor agencies. Established in 1988, the MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS is an internationally recognized center of excellence for research on HIV infection and related diseases, contributing knowledge on the revolving epidemic, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention, and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide.
MRC Uganda Jobs: The Administrative Assistant – Regulatory Affairs will provide support Clinical Research Co-ordination section.
- Review submission packages and facilitate submission to Ethical and regulatory bodies.
- Develop and maintain tracking system to assess progress on submission
- Maintain up to date regulatory binders
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures that streamline regulatory procedures
- Correspond with Ethical and regulatory bodies
- Ensure timely renewal of Annual Practicing Licenses and registration certificates of researchers
- Ensure proper ﬁling of study documents and receipts in properly labelled ﬁles
- Obtain clearance for manuscripts from UNHRO
- Inform UNHRO of publications from the unit.
- Ensure feedback to project leaders, about all documentation, submissions and communications
- Keep a record of documents coming and leaving the ofﬁce
- Archiving of completed studies documents
- Together with the CRC, ensure payments are made to the regulatory authorities in a timely manner.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Diploma in Nursing, Bachelor of Public Administration and Management or Office Management, Bachelor of Administration or any other related.
- Administrative capacity working on Clinical research projects is an added advantage.
- Previous research experience in managing regulatory documents.
- Short courses on research methods, GCP training are an added advantage.
- Knowledge of ICHGCP, Clinical Research Regulations. 6. Computer literacy in Microsoft word, excel, internet and endnote
Please quote the following position code in the subject line of the email:
Job application procedure
If you believe that you are the right candidate for the above positions, please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact and three traceable professional references; and should be emailed by Friday, 17th November 2017.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Note that academic qualiﬁcations will be subjected to veriﬁcation by the issuing institutions. All application documents should be emailed as one document. Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager
MRCIUVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS
P. O. Box, 49, Entebbe – Uganda
Deadline of this Job: Friday, 17th November 2017