Job Title: Executive Administrator – BAT Uganda Jobs 2018
Organisation: British American Tobacco (BAT)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
BAT Uganda Jobs 2018: The British American Tobacco is the only International tobacco group with a significant interest in tobacco leaf growing which works with thousands of farmers internationally. BAT runs leaf programmes providing direct agronomy support to farmer from aspects of crop production and environmental best practice. British American Tobacco is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
BAT Uganda Jobs 2018: The Executive Administrator will actively contribute to BAT, Uganda Business results by providing proactive high value Administrative and Secretarial support to the Managing Director and staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively contribute to the End Market results by providing proactive high value Administrative and Secretarial support to the function on time in full (OTIF) and in an efficient and effective manner.
- The job holder will have a critical interface with all other business functions.
- Ensure additionally drafting of regular correspondences to various stakeholders of the company.
- Effective time management to achieve and enhance the operation and service of the organisation.
- Handle manager’s requirements in a professional and confidential manner to avoid delays in any given task.
- Provide Personal Assistant Support to the Managing Director including event and diary management.
- In liaison with Travel Management Company, co-ordinate and ensure all travel documents like immigration documents, air tickets, visas and renewal of passports for the functional heads are always up to date.
- In-charge of organizing the transport and accommodation requirements for staff visiting Uganda and ensuring positive feedback.
Payments: Process and track payment requisitions through the SAP and follow-up with Procurement to ensure the uninterrupted continuation of services (business continuity) from the suppliers.
Company Fleet coordination:
- Management of the Company fleet of vehicles. Coordinate the service providers to ensure higher service levels are achieved.
- Coordinate staff usage of fleet vehicles to ensure adherence to policy, efficient use of fleet resources and time escalation of fleet matters.
- Coordinate all reporting needs of fleet
Budgetary Support: Assist in the preparation and collation of the Functional Budget. This includes accurate tracking of costs and expenditure with timely reports as required.
Meetings: Organize and manage all aspects of Conferences/events/ meetings by ensuring all logistical aspects i.e. venue bookings, transport and accommodation are well synchronized and within budget with no hitches and delays.
Contract Management: Ensure physical records of all contracts are well documented and organised. Ensure regular updates to the business on status of contracts.
- Coordinate and ensure the function is records management compliant as required by the company.
- Develop the schedules and ensure all files are coded and correspond with the schedules; and assist the team in ensuring they are compliant with the schedules
- Enhance and maintain good communication with both internal staff and external customers. Being a central administration function, the job holder encounters a lot of enquiries on various issues hence the importance of a wide knowledge of other functions and end markets to enable accuracy in dealing with questions to avoid negative impact on the organisation.
- Effectively liaise and communicate with the Leadership Team and business managers
- Promote a good working relationship with the Travel Agent to ensure travel for the entire organisation is well coordinated.
- Efficient and cost effective management of the office stationery
- Close liaison with IT help desk to ensure systems are operating effectively at all times.
- Pro active engagement with service providers i.e. security, catering and catering to ensure that tasks are carried out professionally and high standards are maintained and that there are no interruptions of service.
- Tasked with introduction of team building events and activities to build and develop good working relationships within the team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the British American Tobacco (BAT) Executive Administrator job placement should hold a University degree or higher Diploma in Management
- Strong business working communication skills with excellent understanding of the process
- Proficient in English and report writing skills (proficient in Microsoft Office – Power Point, Excel etc.)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good organisational and management skills
- Ability to work and relate with internal customers and external business partners
- Result oriented, self-driven, innovative and excellent planning ability
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional discretion at all times.
- Keen eye for details
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the British American Tobacco (BAT) should express their interest by applying online.
Deadline: 7th January 2018