Job Title: Receptionist/Front Office Assistant – URC Uganda Jobs 2018:
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Location: Jinja, Uganda
URC Uganda Jobs 2018: URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Division & Project Overview:
University Research Co., LLC (URC), a US-based public health organization working in Uganda since 2005, is implementing the USAID’s Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in East Central Uganda Activity (USAID’s RHITES EC). The purpose of this project is to support the implementation of a comprehensive, integrated investment in regional health, HIV/AIDS and nutrition assistance. This five-year activity targets 11 districts in East-Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, HIV/AIDS, nutrition and child development services. URC is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions at the Jinja town and district based offices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Receptionist is responsible for attending to visitors and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face. S/he is expected to provide general information regarding the organization to the general public, clients and customers.
- Perform general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing.
- Provide office administrative support including organization and facilitation for internal meetings, drafting agendas, and taking minutes;
- Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a project archive, including contract and subcontract documents, client approvals, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, project deliverables, project reports , and minutes of meetings.
- Manage and document correspondences between project offices, the home office, client, other partners, and stakeholders.
- Support new staff orientation, on-boarding and other HR initiatives.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, take complete and accurate messages for people who are not available, and ensure they receive the messages.
- Greet and escort guests.
- Ensure timely settlement of office bills.
- Assist with making logistical arrangements for project events and field activities.
- Make logistical arrangements for project staff traveling outside their region or for international visitors.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Leisure & hospitality Social Science, or other relevant field.
- At least two (2) years of relevant professional experience in reception Management or customer case
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- Oral and written English language fluency.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, certificate of good conduct curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references by Friday 19th January 2018 at 12:00 pm addressed to: Human Resource Coordinator
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services
Plot 1, East Victoria Close, Mpumudde Division
While we thank all applicants for showing interest, only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.