Position Title: Relationship Officer Trainee
Position Classification: Trainee
Reporting Officer: Credit Supervisor/ Assistant Manager/Credit Coordinator
Organisation: EFC Uganda Limited (MDI)
EFC Uganda Jobs 2018: EFC is a deposit taking microfinance company supervised by Bank of Uganda and provides financial services to micro and small size enterprises (MSEs).
Commencing operations in 2012, the purpose of the EFC Uganda Limited (MDI) is to provide increased access to specialized financial services for entrepreneurs while contributing to wealth creation, improvement of living conditions and development of the Ugandan private sector. EFC Uganda is owned by international and local investors.
- This role is a raining position that will grow the incumbent into the role of Relationship Officer.
- The trainee will go through vast exposure to support them to grow into competent and capable Relationship Officers.
- It is the primary objective of the Relationship Officer- Trainee to build customer satisfaction and loyalty by maintaining a mutually beneficial business partnership relationship.
This position is accountable to:
Offer entrepreneurs a high standard of service that is both efficient and of sufficient quality to meet their specific needs and expectations;
Determine the needs and expectations of both existing and potential entrepreneurial customers in terms of financing, investment and other supplementary products and services;
Appraise and assess customer loan applications;
Prepare assessments and recommendations for Head Office Credit Analyst review; and
Educate customers and potential customers regarding their obligations and responsibilities regarding loan reimbursement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Relationship Officer Trainee is primarily responsible to develop a business community profile and ongoing business relationships with entrepreneurs by offering value added expertise and advice with a personalized approach.
- He/she develops and manages a customer portfolio and contributes to the accomplishment of the EFC business plan objectives.
The principal responsibilities are to:
- Help customers to identify their needs and advise them regarding the selection of products and services that meet their financial objectives;
- Perform business development activities to grow business with existing customers and to attract new customer business opportunities by identifying and proposing products and services that meet their needs;
- Market and sell EFC products and services that correspond with the specific customer profile and need;
- Participating in various marketing activities, in particular market research on the needs of various target market business sectors, the establishment and conservation of relationships with entrepreneurs and representation activities.
- Follow the advancement of customers’ financial circumstances, their needs and their overall satisfaction to maintain a mutually secure, lasting and profitable business relationship;
- Perform loan application financial analyses and make recommendations to credit committee for loan approval/rejection.
- Carrying out the offer and sale of credit and savings’ products as well as all other supplementary services designed for entrepreneurs Authenticating documentation presented for all credit applications and ensure they meet the KYC requirements and any other requirements as required by the regulators;
- Ensuring compliance with the EFC General Credit Policy, Procedures and Process
- Receiving customer loan requests and preparing and evaluating the loan application in detail:
***Checking and validating customer information as provided in the loan application by visiting their home and place of business and obtaining supporting documents for authentication as required,
***Determining customer credibility and moral character and assessing if the application complies with EFC credit policies,
***Analysing customer financial statements, personal balance sheets, forecasts, available collateral, external factors etc.;
***Verify that securities are provided and forwarded for perfection;
- Appraisal of potential customer loan applications and make recommendations to the Credit Committee;
- Active participation in Credit Committee;
- Making follow-up visits with customers after loan disbursement to verify use of funds, to anticipate and proposed solutions for potential risks of default;
- Managing portfolio under him/her to ensure good performance within the quality standards established by the EFC;
- Ensure all applicants are advised on fate of applications within reasonable time;
- Proactively managing risk /exposure for assigned portfolio continuously by making proper follow up as per Credit Policy;
- Conducting proper loan recovery activities as prescribed by the EFC;
- Performance of any other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Person Specifications (i.e. education, skills, competencies and experience)
The Relationship Officer Trainee requires good practical knowledge of MSE lending in the financial services sector and the foresight to see how the intricate day-to-day activities link with and support the achievement of the vision and mission of the EFC. In this regard, specific qualifications and requirements include:
University degree in Business related studies;
CGPA of 3.0+
At least 3 months of internship/ work experience;
Strong people/relationship skills with a customer service and teamwork orientation;
Action and results oriented with good time management;
Key personal competencies – Teamwork, innovation, computer literacy and ability to learn and transfer skills.
Result oriented with ability to work under pressure tight deadlines to achieve sales targets;
Self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.
Proactive, Self-starter, willingness to go an extra mile, deliver on deadlines,
Fluent in English.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit a letter of interest explaining their motivation for the position applied for together with their Curriculum Vitae, three professional references and copies of academic certificates/diplomas.
The Role Title should be included in the subject of each application.
Individuals Interested in the above roles are all encouraged to send applications to HR_OFFICER@efcug.com, stating the role title in the subject of the email.
Deadline: Applications will be received until 02:00PM, 03rd February 2018.