Job Title: Banking Officers – PostBank Jobs 2018
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Manager Operations
PostBank Jobs 2018: The Banking Officer will provide efficient and effective banking services to customers through performing teller work and attending to customers’ inquiries and queries in a timely manner.
PostBank Uganda Ltd is a financial institution owned by the government of Uganda and regulated by Bank of Uganda. The bank has its operations in over 30 branches spread across the country and 290 ATMs after joining Interswitch.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives deposits from customers and ensures that proper amounts are posted in the system
- Pays out cash to customer and ensure that right amounts are posted in the system
- Identifies customers in line with know your customer policy
- Provides information and guidance to customers and answer all customer queries
- Balances days work and ensures that right amounts accompanied with the relevant Vouchers are lodged with the supervisor at the end of the day
- Ensures safe custody and regularly assesses cash in till
- Issues in house vouchers and deposit booklet
- Receives cheques and prepares daily reports for cheques received
- Handle all money transfer transactions in the branch
- Promotes bank products and services through cross selling
- Handle e-banking related transactions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Banking Officer jobs should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, IT, Social Sciences and related fields.
- Candidates MUST have a Credit in Math and English at O’ Level
- Ability to think critically, and make decisions
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to create lasting relationship with clients
- Must be flexible, fast learner with positive attitude.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with the Microsoft applications
- Age: Between 22-30 years
How to Apply:
All candidates should send the following to the address below;
- Detailed and updated CV
- Certified copies of certificates and testimonials
- Applicant’s address and daytime telephone contact
- Postal/ email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society.
The Head Human Resources, PostBank Uganda Limited, Plot 4/6 Nkrumah Read, P.O. Box 7189 Kampala (U)
Deadline: 20th April 2018 by 5:00pm