Job Title: (Student Interns) – US Embassy Uganda Jobs
Nature: Unpaid Local Internship with American Center
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Vacancy Announcement Number: Kampala-2018-023
Open to: Ugandan Students
US Embassy Uganda Jobs: The Intern will support the U.S. Mission’s American Center for a period of six months. The incumbent will assist with the administration of the American Center. The intern would be responsible for assisting American Center event planning, computer use monitoring, responding to basic public inquiries, scheduling appointments, processing membership cards, and managing the circulation desk.
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Deborah R. Malac currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The American Center US Embassy Intern will also assist with circulation desk tasks, including processing membership cards, checking out collection materials, and accepting returns.
- Answer basic questions regarding American Center services from callers or walk-in clients.
- Ensure that Staff American Center information table is availed at public events and respond to basic public inquiries.
- Add new materials to the existing collection, including magazines and DVDs.
- Keenly monitor computer usage in the American Center.
- Sort book, DVDs, magazines and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves or other designated storage areas.
- The American Center US Embassy Intern will also be keeping the space and its collection tidy.
- Act as a back up to the American Center Assistant.
- Other jobs as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for US Embassy Internship jobs should have completed senior six and currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution with good academic standing (official transcripts and a letter from the registrar will be required).
- Previous participation in at least ten different American Center programs.
- The American Center US Embassy Intern should have general knowledge of administrative and office procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment and perform under pressure.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and digital literacy required.
- Language: English fluency (reading/writing/speaking) is required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United States Embassy in Kampala are encouraged to Apply Online by following the instructions below;
- Applicants shall be required to register under the careers page for US Embassy Kampala using the link, Click Here
- You will receive confirmation of registration and proceed to apply.
- On completion of this process you will receive an auto response via your email.
Deadline: 30th May 2018
The US Mission in Kampala provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.