Job Title: 13 Relationship Officers – Consumer Banking
Organisation: Tropical Bank Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Consumer Banking
Tropical Bank Uganda Jobs: The Relationship Officer, Consumer Banking will mainly identify and mobilize new clients for deposit growth and loan disbursements and manage the relationship to mine more business and revenue from the customers in accordance with the banks policy and procedures.
Tropical Bank Limited was established in 1973 under the name Libyan Arab Uganda Bank for Foreign Trade and Development. Tropical Bank Limited is jointly owned by the Governments of the Republic of Uganda 0.03% and the Libyan Foreign Bank (LFB) 99.97% of Paid-up Capital. The Bank provides professional and personalized commercial banking services to various sectors of the economy including financial support to Parastatals, Corporates, Small and Medium Enterprises, Individuals, and Non-Governmental Organisations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market the banks products and services by cross selling them to the customers.
- Identify and develop the banks salaried business relationships, generate new business lines and new customers to achieve defined sales targets.
- Manage the customer relationship to improve customer satisfaction and ensure the bank mines more business and more revenues from the existing customers
- Screen all potential Salary customers for eligibility by conducting KYC, financial and non-financial analysis, and reviewing and analyzing all Salary credit applications for accuracy, completeness and compliance with the banks policies.
- Discuss loan terms and conditions, conduct collateral risk analysis to ensure compliance with the banks policies and procedures
- Prepare and forward client’s requests for uncleared effects, overdrafts, ensuring that all required documents are acquired and filed in line with the Banks policy.
- Participate in the loan approval committee at the branch
- Monitor the growth and quality of the Salary loan portfolio and recommend remedial action in line with the banks policy.
- Manage delinquency through monitoring of the PAR and the nonperforming loans and recover loans to avoid arrears.
- Manage customer relationship through a proactive and consultative approach so as to create and maintain a clientele base for profitable business especially with salaried customers within your area for operation.
- Proactively manage the customer experience by staying in touch with the customer, resolve customer queries and process requests on time in line with the agreed SLA’s
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly and monthly reports for loan recoveries, sales and new accounts opened.
- Minimize risks through strict adherence to KYC compliance to and ensure satisfactory Audit and Risk ratings in all your operations as per the bank policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Tropical Bank Limited Relationship Officer, Consumer Banking job placement must have experience in selling and or marketing
- Experience as a Customer Relationship Officer will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of sales management and branch banking business
- Credit risk management
- Liquidity, cash flow and Financial analysis
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Leadership skills
- Creative and innovative thinking
How to Apply:
If your qualifications and experience match those described above please send a detailed application together with your CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts and a cover letter of not more than 2 pages explaining why you consider yourself to be the best suited candidate.
Head of Human Resource,
Tropical Bank Limited,
Plot 54 Lugogo Bypass (Rotary Avenue)
P.O. Box 9485, Kampala
Deadline: 9th July 2018 by 5:00pm