Job Title: 2 Front Desk Officers
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Administration Officer
World Vision Uganda Jobs 2018: The Front Desk Officer will be responsible for providing front desk services for the organization, operate and maintain the switchboard, receive and manage visitors and act on behalf and absence of administrative assistants from time to time as requested
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Front Desk Operations / Customer Care
- Receive all incoming calls; direct them to the relevant offices, make outgoing calls as and when required. Screening telephone calls, enquiries, and requests and handling them as appropriate. This will included receiving and relaying accurate and timely messages and answering of queries where possible
- Daily opening of official email, responding to and forwarding mails accordingly for timely service delivery
- Receive, monitor and attend to visitors whilst they await appointments. Direct WV UG visitors to the appropriate offices in line with Departmental guidelines
- Receive document and messages, which may be delivered to the office and ensuring that these are registered and dispatched / distributed to the respective addressee/staff members
- Keenly analyze all the telephone/fax bills monthly with a view to ensuring that costs are properly charged to the relevant cost centers.
- Prepare monthly reports on Front Desk Operations
- Give guidelines to staff and visitors on Administration operations and direct contact persons in respective service areas
- Develop and maintain office administration secretarial systems related to filing of documents, record management, communication (telephone, fax correspondences) and basic office services in line with administration guidelines
- Facilitate the procurement process by requesting in PROVISION; on completion of the work in line with WV administration guidelines
- Help with bookings of the boardrooms in consultation with the booking department.
- Maintain a smooth communication flow of information in the administration department through verbal communication, periodical narrative report writing and updates as per the department guidelines
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Front Desk Officer job opportunity must hold a Degree in Office and Information Management/Science, Secretarial duties, Office Management Science
- Working knowledge of office switchboard systems, preferably system being used by World Vision Uganda.
- Highly proficient in the English Language, both spoken and written.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Secretarial course and ability to work in a cross cultural environment is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 8th July 2018