Job Title: 40 Registration Enumerators
Duty Station: Uganda
WFP Uganda jobs 2018 : The United Nations World Food Programmme (WFP) Registration Enumerator will support the collection of bio and biometric data during registration in Amudat district.
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas: Saving lives in Emergencies; Building Resilience through Predictable Safety Nets; Improving Nutrition & Mother-and Child Health; and Supporting Small Holder Farmers to Access Markets. WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
The United Nations World Food Programmme (WFP) in partnership with the government of Uganda is implementing a Single Registry Modelling exercise for Karamoja. The exercise is being rolled out to Amudat District and includes the registration of all Households and individuals in the District into a single model electronic database as part of WFP’s commitment to the Government of Uganda to bring all the households in the community into a single database linked to the National Social Protection Single Registry. This exercise will help act as a modelling platform for the Government of Uganda in implementing a National Single Registry but also help address significant challenges associated with the fragmentation, duplication and inconsistencies in service delivery and enhancing coordination and partnership with all stake holders in the district.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the overall operational supervision of the Head of Field Office Nakapiripirit /Amudat and under the direct supervision of the Registration Project Manager, the registration enumerator will:
- Interview households and individuals living in Amudat and enter their data in a corporate beneficiaries’ database.
- Conduct registration follow up with the onsite local authority to ensure that the data collected is conclusive and represents the entire household information.
- Conduct regular quality checks during data collection, ensuring clarity, accuracy and consistency;
- Work closely with team leaders to enhance effective coordination during the entire registration period
- Handle all community members with utmost dignity and patience, respecting gender and diversity
- Provide regular and timely feedback to the designated team leaders on any registration challenges in the field
- Be responsible and take appropriate care of the assigned electronic equipment;
- Answer, log, respond to, escalate, and manage queries from beneficiaries;
- Any other duties assigned to you by the respective team leader
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations World Food Programme Registration Enumerator job must hold a Diploma in a relevant field; or has currently completed 2 years of undergraduate studies i.e. studies ongoing.
- Previous experience in electronic mobile data collection will be an added advantage.
- Good interviewing skills;
- Good computer skills, thorough and accurate data collection skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a high pressure, high performance remote environment;
- Fluent in verbal Indigenous language Pokot, Swahili and English.
- Excellent knowledge of the area’s context
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to submit a hand-written application, Curriculum Vitae and the academic documents to the below address. Applicants from within the district of Amudat, are highly encouraged to apply. Please hand deliver your applications to WFP Nakapiripirit Field Office OR Mercy Corps Amudat Field Office in Amudat town.
All applications should be addressed to:
Head of Field Office
United Nations World Food Programme Nakapiripirit Field Office
Deadline: 30th July 2018.