Job Title: Program Finance Assistant
Organisation: IntraHealth International
Intrahealth Uganda Jobs 2018: The Program Finance Assistant is responsible for providing timely and reliable finance and Administrative support to USAID RHITES-E activities in field operations while ensuring the highest standards of discretion, integrity and sense of responsibility.
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in Eastern Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-E) Project
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance & Admin Officer
IntraHealth International is a non-profit organization based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U.S.A. that has been in existence for over 30 years in more than 100 countries and it has empowered health workers to better serve communities in need. IntraHealth fosters local solutions to health care challenges by improving health worker performance, strengthening health systems, harnessing technology, and leveraging partnerships. In collaboration with governments, nongovernmental organizations, and private- sector organizations around the world, IntraHealth champions the needs and contributions of health workers—from doctors and nurses to community health workers to health facility managers—and works to ensure they have the tools, supplies, information, training, and support they need to provide communities they serve with the best possible opportunity for health and well-being.
About USAID RHITES-E Project:
IntraHealth International will implement the USAID RHITES-E which supports the Government of Uganda (GOU) and key stakeholders to increase availability and utilization of high quality health services in 21 districts in Eastern Uganda and 2 in Karamoja by strengthening health systems and improving the quality of, access to, and demand for health services with attention to equity and underserved populations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare appropriate journals during month end processes
- Work closely with finance officers in reconciling mobile money accounts on monthly basis
- Provide support in reviewing internal controls while executing payments in finance office
- Provide support in finance, administration and program.
- Assist in office errands such as filing and document custody.
- Support program meetings/trainings by guiding and monitoring the registration process for participants
- Prepare payment worksheet with verified names, mobile numbers in timely manner
- Tasked will reconcile participants list with hotel Invoices and bills.
- Ensure payments are effected within agreeable time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID RHITES-E Project Program Finance Assistant job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business administration or related field
- Excellent team work & interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of basic computer applications (MS Word and Excel) is required
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to cope with intense field travels.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES-E Project should upload an updated CV/Résumé, completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and three professional references to this E-mail address: email@example.com
Deadline: 17th August 2018