Job Title : FIELD SUPERVISOR (16)
Job Ref : UBOS/UBI/FS/1/18
Terms of Employment : Temporary for a period of two months
Salary Scale : UBOS Scale
Reporting : Project Coordinator
UBOS Jobs 2018: UBOS is the principal data collecting, processing, analysing and disseminating agency responsible for coordinating and supervising the National Statistical System.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
1. Make the necessary preparation for the field work
2. Organize, deploy interviewer to their work stations on daily basis and direct the field workers
3. Edit all completed questionnaires in the field.
4. Editing must be completed before leaving the enumeration area
5. Responsible for the work of enumerators and ensure quality and accuracy of the information they collect
6. Conduct regular review sessions with each interviewer
7. Conduct periodic spot –check re –interviews and responsible for all the survey material allocated to the team
8. Responsible for initiating contact with the local authorities
9. Liaises with UBOS supervisors to ensure success of the field activity
10. Supervise the appraisal process for the field interviewers and present the performance field report to Human Resource through your supervisor
11. Sublimit duly completed questionnaires to the Senior Statistician in charge of the project.
MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
At least Diploma or its equivalent and must have scored credit in Maths and English at O’level.
Must be fluent, both in written and oral, in at least one of these local languages: Ateso, Luganda, Lugbara, Luo, Ngakarimojong, Runyankole – Rukiga, Runyoro – Rutoro, Lusoga, Lumasaaba, Rukonjo
Should have participated in data collection exercises for at least one year.
Age limit; 25 years and above but not exceeding 45 years.
At least one year’s cumulative demonstrated experience as a field worker in a national survey, with evidence.
Prior use of computers or other digital devices for data collection is an added advantage;
Ability to conduct interviews and record data accurately
Knowledge of overall data management is an added advantage
Ability to work independently with minimum direction
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Attention to detail
Sound judgment to identify and report problems to supervisors
High quality inter-personal skills
MODE OF APPLICATION:
If you believe you fit the required profile, please submit your application through the online application system available on the UBOS Website: www.ubos.org using this
Not Later than close of business on Wednesday, 15 TH August, and 2018 at 5pm. No hardcopies shall be submitted.
All applicants must attach relevant copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered in document will be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Note: Supervisors shall be identified after all successful candidate have undergone training.