Job Title: Operations Trainee (No Experience Jobs)
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
No Experience Jobs in Uganda: Mercy Corps is an International NGO that exists to alleviate poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Mercy Corps has been fully registered in Uganda as an operational NGO. Currently Mercy Corps has an office in Kampala and is implementing Food Security programs which comprise of Water and Sanitation, Livelihood and Agriculture and Conflict Mitigation Management Program in North and North Eastern Uganda. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim and Kotido with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Graduate trainee’s responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support, as part of the operations team to prepare for events, new staff orientation and other major meetings managed by operations.
- Assist in preparation of purchase orders, collection of quotes and drafting of QAs, and submit to proper department.
- Review and make price comparisons from pre-qualified bidders for product specifications to determine best purchases.
- Prepare and complete orders/items for delivery or pickup according to swap schedule (load, pack, prepare waybill and store release forms).
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits.
- Coordinating travel of MCU staff; booking flights, hotels, etc. – when required.
- Prepare and submit contractor time sheets/ completion reports.
- Track deliveries and make sure field offices receive exactly what was ordered from suppliers.
- Undertake operational/administrative tasks in support of the team.
- Monitor booking vehicle and meeting room booking arrangements in relation to calendared events and meetings and liaise with relevant staff to organize necessary support.
- Ensure an updates and comprehensive procurement pre-qualified list of service providers.
- Discreet and diplomatic handling of confidential matters and information.
- Collect and send invoices to appropriate department for payment handling.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Run errands in town (postal services, pick up supplies).
- Assist in preparing monthly expenditure payments and submitting them for payment. Track and organize payments/contracts (inform supervisor of submission, payment, completion etc).
- Assist peers as required (coordinate meetings, training, etc.)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store). Perform physical checks of items/order to ensure appropriate items were delivered.
- Answer supplier and external vendor inquiries about order changes or cancellations and check requisition orders for accuracy.
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Operations Trainee job opportunity should hold a degree or its equivalent in supply chain management, accounting, logistics, business administration or related field.
- Proficiency in computer software, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- No prior experience is required at this time.
- Willingness to learn and adapt.
- Creative, proactive problem-solver who remains calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in working in a similar field in the future.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter clearly stating the salary requirements, updated CV (with three professional referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Mercy Corps Uganda to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21st August 2018