Job Title: Graduate Trainee – Internal Audit
Organization: Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
ERA Uganda Jobs 2018: The Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) is a statutory body established in 2000 in accordance with the Electricity Act 1999 to regulate the generation, distribution, transmission, sale, export, import of electrical energy in Uganda and to guide liberalization of the electricity industry, manage licensing, rates, safety and other matters concerning the industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of operations and promotion of continuous improvement.
- Facilitate the Administrative aspects of Audit engagements.
- Assist with Audit engagements as per Audit Programmes.
- Responsibility for recording the audit process including taking minutes of meetings and ensuring thorough filing of relevant evidence and other audit information both physical and digital.
- Keeping track of statutory deadlines for the audit process and raising relevant alerts.
- Performing preliminary analysis on relevant information to identify red flags for audit attention.
- Carry out any other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold an Honours degree in Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Risk Management or a related field. However, a full member of ICPAU, ACCA or an equivalent IFAC recognized professional accountancy organization who has an honours degree in any other discipline is also suitable.
- Progress on the path to earning either the CIA or an internationally recognized professional accounting qualification such as ACCA or CPA(U) is an added advantage.
- Should be result oriented with very good communication skills especially in report writing.
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience of working with Internal Audit software such as TeamMate
- Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are required to express their interest by sending their application letters and enclosed copies of:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (indicating daytime telephone number (s) and email address and daytime telephone numbers and email addresses of three Referees).
- Relevant transcripts and certificates
The Manager, Human Resources and Administration,
Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA),
Plot 15 Shimoni Road,
- O. BOX 10332, Kampala – Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 17th August 2018 by 5:00pm