Job Title: Credit Officer – Individual Lending
Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Credit Supervisor
Pride Microfinance Jobs 2018: The Credit Officer – Individual Lending will be responsible for recruiting of clients and visiting prospective clients’ homes and business to assess credit worthiness.
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 33 networked branches and 8 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The applicants will be marketing the Individual lending product.
- In charge of client mobilization, sensitization and training.
- Responsible for the preparation of credit applications for credit committees according to policy.
- In charge of loan disbursement according to policy.
- Expeditiously follow- up and recovery of loans according to policy.
- Ensuring proper filing of all Individual Lending documentation.
- Actively contribute positive to branch performance by continuously achieving all set targets.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- All candidates for the Credit Officer – Individual Lending jobs must hold Diplomas or Degrees in Commerce, Development Economics, Economics, Development Studies, Business Studies, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Financial Services and Business Computing, International Business, Business Statistics, Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management Social Science, SWASA, Education, Microfinance, Adult and Community Education, Community Psychology or in any other relevant / related field.
- The candidates should possess two principle passes at A’ Level and credit passes in English and Mathematics at O’ Level.
- All candidates with experience will be at an added advantage.
- Ability and willingness to ride a motorcycle, should possess a riding permit and / or process one within a period not exceeding three months of probation.
- The applicants should be willing to work in any part of the country.
- All candidates should be ready to challenge themselves to continuously deliver exceptional performance.
- Highly computer literate, highly motivated, innovative and a self-starter.
- Possess excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess leadership skills.
- The applicants must also be honest, trustworthy and have a high degree of integrity.
- The candidates should be fluent in commonly used local languages.
- Emotional intelligence, Oral Communication
- Written communication, Report writing skills
- Inter-personal skills, Business acumen
- Customer awareness, Cross-selling
- Computer knowledge
- Confidentiality, Self-drive,
- Self-confidence, Integrity, pro activeness,
- Compliance to policies, Discipline,
- Diligence and Efficiency.
- Age: Less than 35 years of age.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their online at the link below.
NB: All applicants are advised to deal directly with Pride, and canvassing is strictly not allowed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 11th September 2018