Job Title: Helpline Assistant
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Accountability Database Officer
World Vision Uganda Jobs: The Helpline Assistant will support the project in systematic beneficiary complaints’ data collection and management by phone for timely and evident reporting, to ensure quality programming and accountability within the framework of World Vision and Donor standards and guidelines.
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Complaints Database Management
- Take lead in compilation, generation and update of the Complaints database which are received by phone calls
- Perform Routine data processing and entry and assist in data analysis & preparation of monthly complaint reports.
- Take lead in the generation of a complaint log indicating their resolution and status per complaint registered.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines.
- Ensure compliance and processing protocols in order to meet standards for quality and accuracy.
- Give updates on issues related to data quality and assist in implementing actions to address compromise in data quality
Accountability and Humanitarian Principles
- Take lead in the establishment of Complaint Response Mechanism committee consisted of WFP, OPM, UNHCR and WVU.
- Participate in the setup of a Robust Community help line as a forum to receive community issues and provide timely feedback
- Participate in the process of selection and establishment of community help line Assistants to support the community help line committees at the settlement level.
- Establish that master beneficiary list is printed one week prior to the distribution and the list displayed at the various FDPs to enable the community cross check their names and provide feedback on any complaints to be addressed prior to the distribution.
- Ensure that a functional help line is set up at all distribution points to record and register complaints.
- Take lead in the generation of complaint log of all complaints registered
- Take lead in the resolution process and ensure that all complaints are resolved in a timely manner with a maximum of 30 days before the next distribution.
- Set up a system that should gather complaints not only limited to distribution day but comprehensively covers any food related issues.
- Sensitizing the community on the availability of the help line
- Coordinate with the relevant stakeholders in problem solving to bring solutions for the complainers.
- Develop an efficient complaints mechanism that will be shared with partners
- Conduct data quality assurance of the data entered.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the rest of the team
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Uganda Helpline Assistant job opportunity must hold a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE), Sudanese Senior Three Leaver or its equivalent
- Fluency in Arabic and English Languages is a must
- Computer literate
- This position requires a person who is self-starter, who can accomplish the task with minimal or no supervision. He/she should be able to cooperate with other units. He/she must be keen on details and well organized individual.
- Experience in database management is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and intra personnel skills.
- Multi diversity and ability to easily establish rapport
- Knowledge of other south Sudan languages is an added advantage
- Knowledge of the local West Nile languages
NB: Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 14th September 2018