Job Title: 8 Officer Domestic Taxes – URA Jobs 2018
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supervisor DT
Job Code: HRM/031/601
URA Jobs 2018: The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
The Officer Domestic Taxes will offer tax administration services aimed at improving voluntary tax payer compliance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Officer Domestic Taxes job opportunities should hold honors Degrees in Information Technology, Quantity Surveying, Geology, Engineering, Legal or any other relevant field from a recognized academic institution
- Knowledge of Uganda Tax Laws
- Excellent communication skills
- Good customer care skills
- Ability to work well with teams
- Hold an impeccable record of integrity
- Good reporting skills
- He/she should have the ability to teach communities with a variety of clients
- He/she should have good computer skills
- He/she should have research skills
- He/she should have a wide range of analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent inter-personal relationship skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online by visiting the website below. Please go to Careers link, Click Here, ‘CAREERS -> EXPERIENTIAL HIRING -> Login (If new, register, else continue)’ to view detailed job description of the roles and responsibilities and other required competencies. All applicants are required to scan and attach copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Transcript, O’ Level, A’ level, Degree certificates. Each attachment should not exceed a limit of 1MB and ONLY Portable Document Format (pdf) are allowed.
Note: The list of shortlisted and successful candidates will be published on the URA website. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority. Any applicants found with forged academic documents will be charged in the courts of law.
Deadline: 9th October 2018 at 11:59pm