Job Title: Admin Assistant – CRS Uganda Jobs
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Head of Programs
CRS Uganda Jobs: The Admin Assistant (ICT4D Conference) will be assisting the Conference Manager and Logistics Consultant leading up to and during the ICT4D Conference (April 30 – May 3, 2019) with general admin tasks, local supplier management, venue and supplier visits. The ICT4D Conference was founded in 2010 by Catholic Relief Services, and has grown each year to become an invaluable opportunity for NGOs, private sector organizations, governmental agencies, foundations and academia to exchange their experiences in using ICT for development and humanitarian programs and learn from each other. Highly interactive and hands-on, the conference attracts a diverse audience of technical advisors, executives, and others who offer a range of practical insights on applying technology to development, humanitarian, and conservation challenges.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-profit organization which implements the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaising with the venue and managing local suppliers to ensure a successful event and that budget is met
- Contacting hotels and overseeing partner relations with those hotels
- Researching and contacting local suppliers for quotations, assist with negotiations and supplier management
- Assisting in planning and managing of side events and the exhibition
- Recruiting and manage conference volunteers
Coordinating with and manage vendors involved in:
- Hotel accommodation
- Conference venue & catering
- Floor managers & ushers
- Internet providers
- Transport and shuttle busses
- Exhibition/ marquee tent
- Conference branding (banners, backdrops)
- Conference brochure
- Other conference materials: t-shirts, bags, etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Admin Assistant (ICT4D Conference) job should hold a Bachelor’s degree
- A good multi-tasker with excellent organizational skills and a pro-active can-do attitude
- An effective team player, who is confident coordinating with various suppliers and an international group of advisors
- Ability to work remotely, proven track records to work solely on projects.
- Previous experience in event management is desirable
- Ability to attend the Conference at the Speke Resort from April 29th, 2019 (set-up) to May 3rd, 2019.
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Well-organized with ability to follow instructions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Required/Desired Foreign Language: Good oral communication skills.
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): Trusting Relationships, Professional Growth, Partnership, Accountability
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email a cover letter and CV only to email@example.com. Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – ADMINASSISTANTICT4DKAMPALA only
Deadline: 21ST September 2018