Job Title: Finance and Admin Intern – Paid Internships Uganda 2018
Organization: Restless Development
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Stipend and Benefits: UGX 300,000; 12 days Annual leave
Reports to: Finance and Admin Officer / Coordinator
Paid Internships Uganda 2018 : Restless Development (Uganda) is an International NGO established to address the challenges faced by young people in Uganda by placing young people at the forefront of change and development. Our vision is for all Ugandan youth to live healthy and productive lives, fully supported by those around them. Our programming focuses on three core areas: youth sexual and reproductive health and rights, youth civic participation and youth employment and livelihoods.
The Finance and Admin Intern will support the finance and administration unit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance Management (60%)
- Receive requests from staff and summarise them on Chq/Online form.
- Make payments and cash advances, receive accountabilities and issue receipts for floats refunds.
- Daily update of the cashbook ensuring payments and receipts are entered accurately and correctly.
- Make requests for monthly airtime staff request and distribute accordingly by 1st of every month.
- Daily Stamp and file paid finance documents (invoice and receipts).
- Support FAC to duly update the finance force CSVs for Journals, cash and bank
- Support FAC to ensure float register is duly updated on a daily basis
- Assist the FAC to ensure sufficient funds are available to support programme operations
Office stationary Management (20%)
- Attend to staff stationery needs.
- Support the Cleaner in procurement of Office Groceries.
- Ensure staff requesting for stationery sign for it in book as evidence of receipt.
- Update inventory with all new stationery and manuals delivered for central use and update stationary balances at all times
- Fill in GRNS in absence of Finance and Admin Officer (FAO) or Finance and Admin Coordinator (FAC) for stationery and other small assets and ensure copies are attached to payments
Filing and Documentation (15%)
- Monthly Work with FAO/FAC to ensure all documents are stamped paid and posted.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork are attached to payment vouchers.
- Ensure documents are properly filed and proper labelling of all finance files.
- Other duties as required (5%) Other duties as required. Occasionally working on weekends, late night in case of volunteer incidents and holidays for which time off in lieu can be taken.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Restless Development Finance and Admin Intern must hold a University degree or diploma in accounting or finance or relevant field of study.
- Excellent knowledge of IT, especially word and Excel and finance force accounting systems preferred
- Excellent organisational skills and methodological approach to financial management
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- A strong personal commitment to the values, aims and methods of Restless Development.
- Ability to analyse problems and make sound operational decisions
- Desirable: Individual must be results orientated, highly self-motivated and have demonstrated analytical skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join Restless Development in the aforementioned capacity should fill in this form, download here, and send it to email@example.com.
Please note that we DO NOT accept CVs, resumes and cover letters.
Deadline: 30th September 2018