Job Title: 45 Community Facilitators – Social Work Jobs Uganda 2018
Organisation: Caritas International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Community Supervisor
Social Work Jobs Uganda 2018 : Caritas International is a confederation of 16 Catholic relief, development and social service organisations operating in over 200 countries and territories worldwide. Collectively and individually their claimed mission is to work to build a better world, especially for the poor and oppressed. The first Caritas organisation was established by Lorenz Werthmann on 9 November 1897 in Germany.
In consortium with the Catholic Relief Services -United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (CRS), Caritas Kotido Diocese and The Institute for international Cooperation am Development (C&D) and five other technical partners, Caritas Moroto Diocese is implementing a new five-year (October 2017 — September 2022) Development Food Security Activities (DFSA) Programme entitled “Nuyok” meaning “It is Ours”. Caritas Moroto Diocese will be working through government, community and private-sector systems and structures in implementing the Nuyok project in the Districts of Napak and Nakapiripirit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mobilize the community for consultative meetings, ensure representative participation from women and youth.
- Facilitate PRA, RRA ensure community asset mapping and population segment mapping in the targeted villages
- Facilitate the process of village development plans extraction from the parish and sub county plans
- Support the community in the process of developing their inclusive plans for actions identified and prioritized.
- Support the communities to organise activity dialogues and social accountability forums.
- Ensure mentorship and coaching of the Male Change Agents on communication and joint decision making behaviours around nutrition (ideal family behaviours /morals)
- Support the exemplary couples who have Completed the faithful house training to roll out the same trainings to other spouses and volunteer couples in the community.
- Mobilize the communities for other program activities being implemented in the target villages.
- Train and sensitize the communities on any set programme activities.
- Report Project activities to ﬁeld supervisors
- Act as the link between the community and the programme office
- Ensure the integration of inclusive development plans in to the parish, sub-county and district development plans.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma or a Certificate in community development or any other relevant ﬁeld. Individuals with ‘A’ or ‘O’ Level Certificate, or with more than 3 years of community work, especially as group facilitators may be considered.
- Working knowledge and experience in community action planning, Gender Based Violence prevention and response .
- Demonstrated skills in networking, collaboration, education, community consultations and organizational development
- Strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Possession of self-drive; able to work with minimal supervision
- Good reports writing skills
- Fluency in Ngakarimojong and being a permanent resident of the village, Parish or Sub-county in which Nuyok project is being implemented.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should address and send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and work based certificates to:
The Human Resource Officer,
Caritas Moroto Diocese,
P.O. Box 46, Moroto – Uganda
And submit to the Caritas Moroto Diocese Head Office in Moroto or to the field offices in lriir and Nakapiripirit.
NOTE: Applicants should indicate on their application letters their preferred duty station for the programme officer position or sub-counties of operation for supervisor and field agent positions. Please send your application letter, CV, copies of “relevant academic and work based certificates as well as contact details of three (3) FORMER direct supervisors as references.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Canvassing for support will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th September 2018