Job Title: Branch Accounts Officer – Brac Uganda Jobs 2018
Organisation: BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Area Accounts Manager
Brac Uganda Jobs 2018: The Branch Accounts Officer will safeguard organization resources against loss by following rules and regulations to be in line with Brac Vision, Mission and Values
BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd is the largest Microfinance operating in Uganda covering several districts through 149 networked branches targeting Micro, Small and Medium Entrepreneurs of Uganda. BRAC boasts of promoting financial inclusion by extending financial services to the un-served and underserved, now with over 212,000 borrowing clients, over 155Bn loan book with 98% recovery rate, operationally and financially self sustaining.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To record all cash inﬂows and outflows of all programs in all cash registers and reconciling them with cash ledger at the end of the day.
- Depositing the excess cash/surplus cash to bank at the end of each day, so that there is no excess cash in hand or else cash in hand is as per office cash limit.
- To ensure that cash out ﬂows/payments is after verifying the authenticity of the transaction with the approval of the supervisor of all programs.
- Ensure that the loan is being disbursed to the actual loan in the presence of the supervisors of all programs.
- To keep custody of all the important credentials of loans. e.g. loan proposals, approvals, disbursement sheets etc. i.e. ensure that loan schemes are safely kept at the branch.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (B. Com, BBA, BSc. Accounting).
- Good computer skills, good communication skills
- Creativity, innovation and flexibility
- The individual should be willing to work in any part of Uganda where BRAC operates
- Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates must submit their application letters, Curriculum Vita, all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents in one PDF file. In total, there must only be a maximum of 3 attachments and send to email@example.com addressed to the Head Of Human Resource and Training, BRAC Uganda Microfinance Limited.
Deadline: 12th October 2018