URC Uganda Jobs – 8 Graduate Data Assistants
October 3, 2018
Job Title: 8 Data Assistants – URC Uganda Jobs
Hours: 40 hours
Location: Gulu, Uganda
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: District Technical Coordinato
URC Uganda Jobs: The Activity main office will be in Gulu and each technical staff is expected to spend at least 50% of their time working in the field. The overall objective of the data officer is to strengthen data management at facility and community level. This will include proper documentation, records management, filing, archiving, data quality and reporting at the district and supported health facilities. He/she will ensure that there’s improved quality of data (facility and community) as reflected in DHIS2.
About University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.
Division & Project Overview:
The Quality and Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC that has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to improve quality, accuracy and timeliness of data.
- Build skills of frontline facility health care workers on Data Management including recording, filing, archiving and reporting. This includes provision of relevant guidelines and SOPs for effective data management at facility level.
- Ensure availability and utilisation of current versions of HMIS tools at the facility and community level.
- Organise district data review meetings to clean up facility level data.
- Facilitate performance review meetings to enable the teams understand and use data.
- Ensure functional EMR at high volume facilities and reporting using the system.
- Support data collection activities within their respective districts and provide timely response to adhoc data requests.
- Support weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Support in analysing and writing of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual programmatic district performance reports and their submission in stipulated deadlines.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics or related field.
- Knowledge of statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and others.
- Thorough familiarity with the MOH HMIS systems.
- Understanding of USAID expectations.
- At least two years’ experience in data management particularly in the Northern region.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well via our online application portal here.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please.
However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.