Vacancy: Young Leaders Training Program (YLTP) – FES Uganda Jobs
Employer: Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES)
FES Uganda Jobs: The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung, Uganda office, invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for admission to the 2018 intake of the Young Leaders Training Program (YLTP). The YLTP is an initiative of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES). The goal of the program is to contribute to the development of political leadership among up-coming young women and men with the potential to become future leaders in Uganda.
About the Program.
The programme comprises of eight mostly policy- or issue-based modules, each lasting two days which will take place between February and October 2020. The training sessions consisting of lectures, workshops and participatory interactions will be conducted by external experts. The training is fully funded by FES.
1. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Ugandan citizenship or proof of residency for non-citizens.
- Aged between 18 and 30 years.
- Have a minimum of “A” level education.
- Have proven commitment to public affairs, community involvement or advocacy.
2. Each application must be accompanied by:
- An updated and complete CV with three referees.
- Copies of A’ level certificate or its equivalent and any other academic transcripts if applicable.
- A letter of motivation for participation and future plans relating to the programme. (You should clearly state your expectations towards the programme and how you would use your acquired knowledge & skills to make an impact in society.)
3. Application Process
- Deadline for application (online and hard copy) is Friday 30th August, 2019, 5:00PM.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews
Successful candidates are expected to attend all the training sessions. After successful participation in the programme, participants will receive a certificate of attendance. Women and PWDs are strongly encouraged to apply.
Online Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ( Attached as one PDF document).
Applications in envelopes marked “FES – YLF intake IX” should be sent to:
Plot 5B, Acacia Avenue, Kololo, P O Box 3860 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: Friday 30th August, 2019, 5:00PM.