Job Title: Programme Analyst – UNFPA Jobs Uganda 2018
Organization: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Program Coordinator
UNFPA Jobs Uganda 2018: The Programme Analyst will support implementation of the UNFPA programme activities in Northern Uganda. S/he will work to keep the issue of GBV health high on the agenda of the Local Government and of the Local Development Partners, optimize the allocation of resources, influence policies and improve consistency, effectiveness of interventions and support the UNFPA work in the region. The Program Analyst will facilitate the delivery of UNFPA programs by monitoring results achieved in the implementation and enables response to the current refugee influx/emergency. The Programme Analyst assists in the design, planning and management of UNFPA’s country programme including humanitarian and development nexus situation by analyzing relevant political, social and economic trends and providing inputs to project formulation and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and national development frameworks. The Programme Analyst assists with programme/ project implementation by using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures, as well as by monitoring results achieved during implementation.
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA expands the possibilities for women and young people to lead healthy and productive lives. Since UNFPA started working in 1969, the number – and rate – of women dying from complications of pregnancy or childbirth has been halved. Families are smaller and healthier. Young people are more connected and empowered than ever before.
The Programme Analyst will:
- Support the regional and national authorities when planning and implementing SRH and GBV activities for humanitarian settings.
- Support with exiting District Disaster Management Committees and recovery systems to ensure that ICPD agenda is taken into consideration,
- Support the other sectors, including education, community development and protection, to ensure a multi-sectoral approach in programme design.
- Maintain solid working relationship and constantly share relevant information with the Government, UN partner agencies and other stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports in the identification and formulation of the country programme to include the humanitarian and component projects by compiling and analyzing information in the subject areas of UNFPA assistance to the Government, drafts project documents and work plans and prepares tables and statistical data
- Evaluates project and programme activities, establishing and implementing mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of results, conducting field visits, participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and preparing regular inputs to status and progress reports. Analyzes factors affecting the achievement of results, recommends corrective actions and follows up on recommendations.
- Actively contributes to creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the CO and humanitarian contexts, and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
- Supports advocacy and resource mobilization strategy of the CO by compiling and synthesizing relevant background material for use in discussions and public events. Establishes and maintains network of donor and public information contacts and provides assistance in organizing and conducting donor meetings and public information events.
- Analyzes and interprets the political, social and economic environment relevant to population and development, reproductive health, gender and humanitarian contexts, identifies opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention. Keeps abreast of new policy developments and strategies analyzing policy papers, strategy documents, national plans and development frameworks, and prepares briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination, and development frameworks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNFPA Programme Analyst job opportunity should hold an advanced degree in health, population, demography and/or other related social science field.
- Prior experience in the field of development and population activities would be desirable.
- Languages: Fluency in English
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN System
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change
- Achieving results
- Being accountable
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships
- Communicating for impact
Functional Skill Set:
- Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
N.B: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who wish to join the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 26th October 2018