Job title: Graduate Apprentice – UDB jobs 2018
Department: Strategy & Corporate Affairs
Reports: Manager Human Resources
Jobs at: Uganda Development Bank Ltd
Location: Head Office
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
UDB jobs 2018: The Graduate Apprenticeship Program (GAP) aims to offer recent graduates that demonstrated academic excellence in selected disciplines, the opportunity to train with the Bank as they prepare for a rewarding career in development banking and other relevant disciplines. The program takes a structured learning approach integrated with coaching as well as opportunities to work across the entire Bank (through departmental attachments). This is to enable the apprentices acquire relevant knowledge, skills and on-the-job experience that they will apply upon their assimilation.
SCOPE OF THE PROGRAM
The apprentice program extends beyond merely hiring and grooming the young graduates with strong academic capabilities; it aims to foster excellence amongst these young flag bearers and to nurture future leaders; it seeks to equip them with the confidence and competence to take on bigger professional responsibilities.
DURATION OF THE GAP: The program will conducted over an extended period, upto 24 months.
Uganda Development Bank Limited (UDBL) is a public enterprise wholly owned by the Government of Uganda and carrying on business as a Development Finance Institution (DFI).
The bank, a successor company to Uganda Development Bank, was incorporated as a limited liability company under the Public Enterprises Reform and Divestiture Act, Cap.98, Laws of Uganda and it is mandated to finance enterprises in key growth sectors of the economy. The Bank has been in existence since 1972.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend any assigned learning and development interventions
- Undertake such activities, projects and assignments that shall be suitably determined and assigned, in liaison with HR or supervisor assigned at the time
- Participate in mentorship sessions within the assigned department / unit, and track/report on own progress
- Attend all assessment sessions and/or performance discussions
- Undertake all scheduled coaching sessions and implement action plans to address any identified development areas
- Assess Bank processes and recommend applicable improvements
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY
- Execute assignments and projects
- Access to information and study resources
- Internally: All Departments/ All Staff
- Externally: As may be assigned from time to time
- An undergraduate qualification (Strictly first class or second class upper division only) from a recognised institution; This degree shall be in specialised disciplines including business, engineering (i.e. civil, mechanical, agro-engineering or industrial), health sciences, environmental sciences, environmental management, agronomy, agri-business or other specialities relevant for the business of the Bank.
- Candidates must have graduated no more than 1 year by the time of the application
- No working experience requirement but internship or practice in any of the disciplines listed above shall be an added advantage
- Candidates must not be in full-time employment at the time of the application
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent Communication (oral & written) skills, including strong report & proposal writing abilities, formal presentation capabilities
- Strong self-drive and self-management
- Excellent analytical skills – including strong numeric capabilities / affinity for numbers
- Excellent interpersonal/relational skills
- Planning & organising skills
Applications should be hand delivered to Reception & addressed to:
The Director Strategy and Corporate affairs,
Uganda Development Bank Ltd,
Plot 6 Nakasero Road,
1st Floor Wing B,
Deadline of this Job: 16th November 2018