Accounts Assistant Jobs 2018 – Graduate Accounts Assistant
Job title: Accounts Assistant
Accounts Assistant Jobs 2018: A reputable Organisation wishes to invite suitably qualified applications for the underlisted vacant positions. Specific qualifications and attributes required are mentioned along each post, while general requirements include the following:
- Excellent literacy skills: should be able to read, speak and write fluently and comprehensively.
- Strong and pleasant inter—personal skills, with an ability to work effectively at all levels.
- Strong initiative, drive and ambition to succeed
- Willingness to learn new and/or practical skills.
- Age range between 23 to 35 years.
- Should be computer literate.
- Experience, if any, is an added advantage.
Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or any other field, with bias in Accounting or Finance. Part ll of professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA).
- Good technical accounting and skills.
- Ability to present adequate working papers to enable the supervi sor to evaluate work done and matters to be reported.
- Act in a professional and ethical manner at all times including observing the confidential nature of the accounting profession.
- Highly organised with strong organisational and planning skills, ability to prioritise tasks and deliver assigned accounts tasks in line with the work plan.
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data and to compile timely reports.
- Goods IT skills.
- Processing of Registration Certificates.
- Receipt of revenue collections.
- Handling of banking transactions as shall be assigned.
- Maintaining of Debtor’s Ledger and their regular reconciliation.
- Maintaining of Creditor‘s Ledger and their regular reconciliation.
- Maintaining of cash books and payment registers as shall be assigned.
- Assisting in the maintenance and posting of the General ledger and sub ledgers.
- Preparation of Payment Vouchers, Registration Certificates and other accounting documents.
- Maintaining Subsidiary Books of Accounts.
- Assist in preparation of statutory returns and their submission to the relevant authorities.
- Any other duties that shall be assigned by Management.
Job application procedure
Hand-written applications, attaching a copy of the C.V and relevant testimonials, should be addressed and submitted to
Voucher No 654,
c/o The New Vision Printing & Publishing Co Ltd, Kampala.
Deadline of this Job: Deadline for submission is Friday 7th December, 2018 at 4:00pm.
The application should be sealed in an envelope and clearly marked with the Post one is applying for.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further considerations.