Job title: Internal Audit Assistant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
- Excellent literacy skills: should be able to read, speak and write fluently and comprehensively.
- Strong and pleasant inter—personal skills, with an ability to work effectively at all levels.
- Strong initiative, drive and ambition to succeed
- Willingness to learn new and/or practical skills.
- Age range between 23 to 35 years.
- Should be computer literate.
- Experience, if any, is an added advantage.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or any other field, with bias in Accounting or Finance.
- Part ll of professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA).
- Good technical, audit and accounting skills.
- Ability to present adequate working papers to enable the supervi sor to evaluate work done and matters to be reported.
- Act in a professional and ethical manner at all times including observing the confidential nature of the auditing profession.
- Highly organised with strong organisational and planning skills, ability to prioritise tasks and deliver assigned audits in line with the work plan.
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data and to compile timely reports.
- Good IT skills.
- Participate in the 0rganisation’s wide risk assessment process.
- Participate in the preparation of the detailed risk register(s) including the nature, impact and likelihood on the Department/Section/ Function under review and the controls identified that mitigate those risks.
- Participate in the preparation of a detailed internal audit work program to address the risks identified along with the testing strategy.
- Perform testing of internal controls identified during the planning phase to the extent documented in the risk assessment. Conclude on the internal controls effectiveness.
- Use computer software that aids in performing analytical tests( CAATS)
- identify sufficient, factual, reliable and useful information to support test results.
- Prepare the Internal Control Exception Sheet.
- Participate in the drafting of the Internal Audit Report
- Attend the closing meeting with the Head of Department/Section/ Function under review to discuss the issues raised and the proposed recommendations.
- Participate in conducting the follow up assignments to ensure the proper implementation of the corrective actions agreed in the report.
- Initiate staff appraisal following each audit assignment and discuss it with the internal auditor and agree on development measures.
- Updating the status of the previous internal and external findings on a quartely basis, documenting issues resolved and preparing the quarterly status report to review by the internal auditor.
- Conducting other audit work as delegated by the Internal Auditor in line with the Internal Audit Plan.
- Present clear, concise and timely working papers in line with International internal Auditing Standards for review by the internal auditor.
- Ensure timely delivery of professional written draft reports and practical value added recommendations on issues arising during audit work.
- Drive a policy of best practice with a focus on continuous improvement and awareness across the organisation with respect to internal control, risk and corporate governance.
- Any other duties that shall be assigned by Management.
Job application procedure
Hand-written applications, attaching a copy of the C.V and relevant testimonials, should be addressed and submitted to
Voucher No 654,
c/o The New Vision Printing & Publishing Co Ltd, Kampala.
Deadline of this Job: Deadline for submission is Friday 7th December, 2018 at 4:00pm.
The application should be sealed in an envelope and clearly marked with the Post one is applying for.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further considerations.