Job title: Assistant Procurement Officer
Procurement Assistant Jobs 2018: A reputable Organisation wishes to invite suitably qualified applications for the underlisted vacant positions. Specific qualifications and attributes required are mentioned along each post, while general requirements include the following:
- Excellent literacy skills: should be able to read, speak and write fluently and comprehensively.
- Strong and pleasant inter—personal skills, with an ability to work effectively at all levels.
- Strong initiative, drive and ambition to succeed
- Willingness to learn new and/or practical skills.
- Age range between 23 to 35 years.
- Should be computer literate.
- Experience, if any, is an added advantage.
Bachelors’ Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management or Commerce or Business Administration with specialization in Procurement, Supply Chain Management; Or Professional qualifications/membership of Procurement! Purchasing in Supply Chain Management like CIPS, from a recognized University/ Institution; Ora post graduate Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management from a recognized University/ Institution.
- Good interpretation skills of procurement regulations.
- Ability to present adequate working papers to enable the supervisor to evaluate work done and matters to be reported at all stages of procurement.
- Act in a professional and ethical manner at all times including observing the confidential nature of the procurement profession.
- Highly organized with strong organisational and planning skills, ability to prioritize tasks and deliver assignments in line with the work plan.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and to compile timely reports.
- Good IT skills.
- Support the functioning of the Contracts Committee.
- Participate in the Planning of the procurement and disposal activities of the procuring and disposing entity.
- Review requisitions for completeness and accuracy.
- Participate in the preparation of draft statements of requirements.
- Prepare draft bid documents.
- Issue bidding documents.
- Prepare draft contract documents.
- Receive and register bids.
- Maintain a providers list.
- Issue signed contract documents.
- Maintain and archive records of the procurement and disposal process.
- Enter basic data on the Government Procurement Ponal for further processing.
- Respond to inquiries on bid documents as may be assigned.
- Conduct Market Research and obtain quotes locally on different items.
- Any other duties that shall be assigned by Management.
Job application procedure
Hand-written applications, attaching a copy of the C.V and relevant testimonials, should be addressed and submitted to
Voucher No 654,
c/o The New Vision Printing & Publishing Co Ltd, Kampala.
Deadline of this Job: Deadline for submission is Friday 7th December, 2018 at 4:00pm.
The application should be sealed in an envelope and clearly marked with the Post one is applying for.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further considerations.