Job Title: 2 Registry Assistant Officers
Organization: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Project Engineer
REA Uganda Jobs 2018: The Registry Assistant Officer (RAO) will provide support to the Registry Officer for efficient and effective Records and Information Management services in the implementation of the ongoing Registry development with best practices, ensuring integrity and ethics in delivering the service.
Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) established by statutory instrument 2001 No. 75. REA is mandated to implement Government’s rural electrification programs. The Government of Uganda through REA is implementing a number of electricity connection projects with financial support from development partners to meet national electricity access targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the classification scheme and referencing framework in all the filing activities and maintain an up to date filing system to ease access, use and storage.
- Receive, Register and route for action all incoming mail, and prepare for timely dispatch all outgoing correspondences maintaining highest levels of integrity and timeliness.
- Maintain and update an inventory and registers for all the Records and information in the Records and Information Management Units custody.
- Ensure the Records storage facilities and all activities around the functions of Records and Information management are performed with integrity in a safe and secure environment in line with the procedures and policies.
- Perform the scanning and indexing process as per the schedules of the activities within the Records and Information Management Unit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an honors bachelors’ degree in either library information management; or Information management or any other relevant academic qualification.
- Confident individuals with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to stay motivated and use own initiative when working alone.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with the use of databases and the internet including document scanning will be an added advantage
- Team working and management skills
- Assessment of resources and registry users’ needs
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic documents together with names of three professional referees (and their email / day time telephone contacts) to:
The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope P.O. Box 7317 Kampala – Uganda.
Deadline: 7th December 2018