Job Title: 80 Project Assistants – ELA
Organisation: BRAC International
Duty Station: Field Offices
About the Empowerment & Livelihood for Adolescents (ELA) Program
Brac Uganda Jobs: BRAC’s program for adolescents is designed to socially and economically empower teenage girls through providing safe spaces for them to socialize and receive mentoring, life skills and financial literacy. The End Child Marriage project is therefore seeking to recruit staff to fill the vacant positions
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
Core Roles and Responsibilities
- Survey, select adolescents and open clubs
- Regular club supervision, timely attendance of mentors and adolescents
- Assist District Coordinators to conduct community meetings, workshops and monthly refreshers meetings
- Organize and conduct parents meetings, mother’s forums and health forums both at branch level and club level
- Send club members for respective trainings
- Identify available market for product made by the Project beneficiaries
- Identifying potential adolescents rights promoters and searching for club house
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of a Diploma in Development Studies, Social Sciences, gender studies or any other related subject.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in community work preferably with adolescents and young people
- Should have knowledge on Sexual Reproductive health, Gender Based violence and Sexual violence Against Children
- Basic training skills Knowledge on life skills & Financial literacy
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mobilization skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Good organization and ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to interact with young people in a nurturing, compassionate & sincere manner
- Must be ﬂuent in the local language
- Females are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Applicants for Project Assistant position should send their Application, CV & academic documents hand delivered to BRAC Country office.
Plot No 90, Busingri Zone, off Entebbe Road, Nyanama, Kampala, Uganda
The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Manager, HR & Training,
PO BOX 31817,
Only complete applications will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application deadline: Monday 31st December, 2018.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer