Job Title : Stores & Logistics Assistant
Organisation: Educate Uganda
Educate Uganda Jobs : We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail oriented, organised individual with great interpersonal skills to fill a position in the Administration Department. The Stores & Logistics Assistant is an early career position with major potential for growth and learning. In this role, you shall support in stores management, procurement support, coordinating servicing and maintenance of office equipment and distribution of materials including shipping. You’ll join a motivated, passionate, overachieving team that is positioning Educate! to be the leader in skills-based secondary education in Africa and intensively impact one million youth each year by 2024.
Educate! prepares youth in Africa with the skills to succeed in today’s economy.
We tackle youth unemployment by reforming what schools teach and how they teach it, so that students in Africa have the skills to start businesses, get jobs and drive development in their communities. Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and youth mentors. Educate!’s goal is to make this practical, skills-based model part of national education systems.
In 2018, we’re working in 175 secondary schools in Rwanda, 60 pilot schools in Kenya, and over 700 schools in Uganda reaching over 42,000 students intensively and 530,000 more broadly. Our model was proven to have massive impact in a randomized controlled trial. Graduates earned DOUBLE the income of a control group and had a 64% increase in business creation. Our graduates change their lives and their communities, such as Lillian Aero who employs over 100 AIDS-affected women.
Stores Management – 30%
- Receiving and dispatching supplies as per departmental needs
- Quarterly store checks and updating of new stock in the Stockcards/ bin cards accordingly
- Generate monthly stores report and make updates as per entry of new stock
- Create a functional stores inventory and ensure proper maintenance of stock and supplies
- Maintain a clean and organised store and ensure stored items are well catalogued and labelled
Procurement Support – 30%
- Provide support to the procurement officer in the successful execution of the procurement function
- Supplier follow up in liaison with the procurement officer
- Quality checks & verifications on received items before adding to store
- Counting & batching and batching materials to be shipped to the field
- Support in packing materials and ensuring supplies are received by the users in time
Office Equipment Servicing & Maintenance Support – 20%
- Provide support to the administrative coordinator in maintenance of office equipment
- Liaison point between service providers and the users
- Execution of contractual agreements for service and maintenance of office equipment and other office machines including official mobile phones, photocopier and computers.
- Ensure service and maintenance records for all equipment are up to date and well maintained
Shipping – 20%
- Track and monitor incoming and outgoing shipments to the different field locations
- Liaise with YLs to ensure timely and proper distribution of materials to the field
- Organise transportation for shipment of termly field materials and ensure all materials shipping costs are done within budget
- Work with procurement officer to ensure standardised transportation plans are made for field shipments
- Diploma in Stores Management, or Logistics & Supply Chain Management or in any other related field.
- Experience of at least one year working in a fast paced environment.
- Hands on experience in purchases, supply management and stores management.
- Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? below); Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here.
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Benefits include Medical Insurance
- Location is Kampala, Uganda
How to apply
Applications can only be submitted online by clicking the link below
Deadline for submission of applications is Friday 4th January 2019.