Job Title: 6 Audit Interns
Organisation: Deloitte Uganda
Deloitte Uganda Jobs: Ensure that the fieldwork is conducted economically and per agreed client and Firm standards.
Deloitte is seeking to recruit six (6) Interns in our Audit Department. These positions will be based in the Kampala office.
Deloitte in Uganda is part of Deloitte East Africa, the DTTL member firm in Kenya. Our commitment to offering the very best in audit and assurance, financial advisory, consulting and taxation services is reflected in the staff we employ. Over 40 professional staff resident in Uganda (90% of whom are Ugandans) and over 400 professional staff in our 4 East Africa Region offices led by 16 partners provide our clients with the high calibre and consistency of service demanded by our international firm; service you can depend on to match the highest international standards.
Assist in planning work on assigned segments of the audit.
Execute detailed audit procedures, including reviewing transactions, documents, records, reports and procedures and conducting audit tests which are sufficient in scope to support professional opinions as to the fair representation of client financial statements.
Assist in the preparation of financial statements, reports and analytical reviews, as necessary.
Prepare work papers which record and summarize audit procedures performed and ensure that working paper are files have approved firm guidelines.
Assist in developing recommendations for corrective action/improvement.
Ensure assigned work is completed within agreed time frames and carried out per approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets.
Keep the manager updated on any issues arising from the assignment.
Assist with departmental administration tasks such as filing and updating of client files.
Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the department.
Any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time
- At least an upper second class honor’s degree from a recognised institution preferably in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, Actuarial Science or related field;
- Undertaking studies leading to qualification in specific area (i.e. ACCA or CPA ) is added advantage;
- A minimum of 17 points for candidates that did four (4) principle subjects at ‘A’ Level or equivalent;
- A minimum of 16 points for candidates that did three (3) principle subjects at ‘A’ Level or equivalent;
- A first Grade in ‘O’ Level (with at least credit 3 in English and Mathematics) or equivalent; and,
- Be a Ugandan Citizen.
How to apply:
Applications can only be submitted online via the link below:
Closing date: 1 January 2019.