Organisation: Global Health Corps (GHC)
Placement Organisation: LifeNet International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Eligible Citizenship: Ugandan
Salary: Monthly Stipend
Position Code: G07-Nat
Paid Internships Uganda: The Communications & Franchise Marketing Associate will have the opportunity to participate in strategic initiatives and conversations around the development of fundraising, marketing, publicity, and content creation with the LifeNet Development Officer in the U.S. The position will also include a local focus working with the Uganda leadership team in generating marketing content for our stakeholders, as well as assisting in the design and implementation of a franchise marketing strategy for LifeNet partner health centers in Uganda. This is a vital expansion of LifeNet’s capacity to communicate internationally as well as nationally with stakeholders across a variety of platforms.
Global Health Corps pairs intelligent and passionate fellows with organizations that require new thinking and innovative solutions. We provide these young leaders with the tools to remain connected after their fellowship year finishes, deepening their ability to enact change through heightened skills and strong partnerships. We currently place fellows in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the United States, and Zambia.
LifeNet International (LN) exists to transform African health centers to provide quality, sustainable care. Operating in East Africa, LN works to improve the quality of health systems from the ground up and is specifically dedicated to health systems strengthening in the private not-for-profit sector. In Uganda, approximately 60% of all healthcare services are provided by faith-based not-for-profit centers, many of these serving rural, low-income populations. Through partnerships with faith-based health centers, LifeNet implements practical responses to everyday health challenges facing the poor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with designing organizational promotion and reporting tools for stakeholders locally and internationally
- Supporting local storytelling and maintain our qualitative data collection process
- Supporting the production and delivery of key partnership communications to local stakeholders
- Supporting the development of media content in LN’s effort to communicate its work to local and international stakeholders
- Collaborating with the Development Officer to engage in communication activities to elevate the LN brand and improve fundraising efforts, including gathering of local data, creation of donor reports, managing our social media accounts and developing our audience further.
- Designing and implementing a franchise marketing strategy for LifeNet partner health centers to identify them both to their communities as well as LN stakeholders to visualize LifeNet’s impact in healthcare quality.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Global Health Corps Communications & Franchise Marketing Associate career placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree*
- Preferred: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, public health, sales, marketing, or a related field
- Excellent English writing skills with experience telling compelling stories through reports and other materials for external audiences*
- Graphic/visual design skills, e.g. experience in Adobe Create Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign*
- Experience using social media platforms at an organizational or corporate level*
- Organizational skills, ability to coordinate activities across various departments and the ability to prioritize*
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with external stakeholders, e.g. government officials, the media, and/or donors
- Experience collecting data/stories, e.g. through surveys, focus groups, or collaboration with representatives on the ground
- Skills in photography and/or videography
- An excitement for analyzing complex organizational problems, identifying innovative solutions, and engaging others to implement, preferably in a low-resource environment
- Ability to perform in an entrepreneurial team-based environment, deliver strong results, and ask for help when needed
- Ability to function well in a diverse, cross-cultural work environment
- International or cross-cultural experience, working within a diverse team context
- Interpersonal and intercontinental communication skills
NB: Items indicated with an asterisk (*) are required
Fellowship Stipend, Benefits, and Logistics:In addition to the intensive leadership development and professional growth that the fellowship offers, the Global Health Corps fellowship includes the following benefits. GHC arranges several logistical details on fellows’ behalf with the expectation that fellows will take ownership of their overall experience. Read on below to learn more about how these items apply to specific placements:
- Monthly living stipend
- Award of $1500 upon successful completion of the fellowship year
- Support in applying for visas and/or work permits, as necessary
- Travel costs covered to and from placement site, GHC training and retreats
- Professional development funds of up to $600
How to Apply:
All applicants who desire to be placed by the Global Health Corps in the aforementioned organization should express interest by clearly following the instructions at the web page below.
Deadline: 16th January, 2019 at 11:59pm EST