Organization: BAP Finance
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Loan Officer
BAP Finance Uganda Jobs: The Credit, Marketing, and Administration Interns will provide support to BAP’s growing office. BAP is a young, growing organisation. As a result, we are looking for flexible, dynamic, and hard-working individuals who embrace changing environments. We are a social driven business. We are committed to our impact and the farming customers we serve, but we see the need for business opportunities in community development. To date we’ve disbursed over 3,500 loans and are focused on another 2,000 in the coming twelve months.
BAP Finance is delivering the products and services to rural farmers to unlock potentials and propel communities forward. To catalyze farmers to realize their potential BAP Finance offers asset financing directly to the Base of the Pyramid (BoP). Our first product, a bicycle, connects farmers to market and other basic life needs. Our portfolio is growing with new assets that push upward mobility. We’re dedicated to serving farmers who are financially excluded and yet need access to assets on credit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Interns duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:·
- Providing support to BAP’s Relationship Officers and Loan Officer’s during loan cycle·
- Traveling to the field regularly to assist in sensitizations of communities, bicycle distributions, and loan repayments.·
- Data entry of client applications and monitoring and evaluation surveys·
- Identifying potential oxen and plough clients, and collecting data from local market days·
- Assisting in the design and implementing research projects to understand customer satisfaction and community opinions on loan terms and conditions·
- Providing translation to BAP’s international staff members·
- Maintaining office by procuring office supplies or services when needed·
- General administrative duties including filing BAP documents, photocopying, and answering phone·
- Assisting with the maintenance and upkeep of BAP owned motorcycles·
- Tracking of motorcycle fuel consumption·
- Perform any other duties as may arise.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: ·
- The applicant must hold a diploma from recognized university or college. Preference will be given to those with agriculture/finance degrees or diplomas·
- Excellent communication skills·
- Flexibility and ability to work on diverse team·
- Strong interest in learning ways in which business solutions can be incorporated into development organisations·
- Willing and eager to work non-traditional business hours to ensure tasks are completed·
- Well organized individuals·
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office and Excel required·
- Fluency in English is required; speaking Luo (Acholi, Langi) is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online here: Click Here
For those who cannot apply online you can hand-deliver your Updated Resume to: BAP Gulu office, Senior quarters: 30 Eden Road P.O. Box 1025 Gulu.
NB: All candidates hand-delivering resumes must fill an application form from the office before they leave. Candidates who do not fill the form will not be considered.
Deadline: 18th January 2019.