Location: Various locations, Uganda
Salary: Unpaid, voluntary position
Restless Development Uganda Jobs: YLA will implement an internship program targeting 18 young graduates aged 19-25 years. The program will equip graduates with workplace skills and practical work experience necessary for them to flourish in a competitive job market.
Chemonics International in partnership with Restless Development is implementing Feed the Future Uganda Youth Leadership for Agriculture Activity (YLA) which aims to increase economic opportunities for 350,000 Ugandan female and male youth ages 10 to 35 years in agriculture-related fields and improve their skills development (entrepreneurship, employability, leadership and life skills). The overall approach for YLA is partner-driven, leveraging private and public-sector actors, vocational training providers, NGOs, youth groups, local government entities and community associations to reach youth.
The interns will take practice with the following teams within YLA:
- Partnerships Development and Management
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
While no professional experience is required, typical candidates will demonstrate the following attributes and will need to commit to the full 6 months internship period:
- Languages: Fluency in English and ideally one other European language
- Education: Degree or equivalent from an institution of higher education
- Sector interest: Agribusiness; Administration; Communication; Monitoring and Evaluation; Private Sector; Accounting and Finance
- Personal Attributes: Good written and verbal communication; strong work ethic and commitment; demonstrable leadership experience and/or potential; entrepreneurial and open to new challenges; ability to work independently; ability to work under pressure in a non-hierarchical environment; team player with demonstrable self-initiative and drive.
- Proficiency: Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office or a similar computer package.
For detailed information about eligibility and descriptions of the roles download the programme description below and send a completed application form to [email protected] by 2pm Thursday 7th February 2019.
Due to a large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Assessment for those applicants will be held from February 12th to 15th, 2019.