Job Title: Human Resources Intern
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position No.: Intern/001/01/19
Vacancy Notice: Internship/01/2019
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: HR Officer
UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2019: The internship is taking place in the Human Resources Unit providing support and assistance in various Human resources tasks. Duration: Minimum 2 months. The total duration of the internship is maximum 8 months. The intern is part of the HR Unit in the Representation Office of Uganda operation. S/he will report to the HR Officer while receiving guidance from other HR team members. It is expected that the intern will gain an understanding of the Uganda Human resources role as a support function to the operation. S/he will also understand the UNHCR procedures related to recruitment, orientation and separation of personnel and how HR interacts and coordinates with different units and field offices.
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in the recruitment process by calling the candidates for tests, and arranging for tests and interviews;
- Assist in the orientation of newly recruited personnel;
- Keep updated attendance records and files of Affiliate Workforce personnel (Individual contractors and UNOPS)
- Keep updated the staffing list for Uganda;
- Assist in photocopying and scanning of HR documents;
- Assist performing other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Human Resources Intern job placement should hold a University degree in Administration, HR or Social Sciences.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Experience from dealing with people.
- Good computer skills, especially Word and Excel.
Note: The internship is unpaid. UNHCR will not pay for the internship and all the expenses connected to it. There is no expectation of employment at the end of the internship, and the intern cannot apply for a post with UNHCR, including a consultancy, during the period of the internship and for the six months immediately following the expiration date.
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 10th February 2019