About University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC Jobs Uganda 2019: URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
URC and the RHITES-N, Acholi Activity offers internships in an effort to provide current university students, recent graduates and new professionals, from various academic fields, the opportunity to apply their knowledge to actual work experience. URC and the RHITES-N, Acholi Activity strongly believe that internships are an important tool in developing and retaining new and innovative talent to assist us in our continuous goal of improving systems to empower communities. Internships provide on-the-job mentorship and training opportunities in the areas of public health, leadership, finance, human resources, and administration with experienced URC staff members and experienced staff members of partner organizations such as other Uganda-based NGOs and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
Interns will be provided with clearly defined roles and scopes of work and will be supervised by a URC staff member or, in the case of external placements, a suitable member of the staff within the organization in which the intern is assigned. Supervisors of interns will be responsible for monitoring the progress of their assigned intern(s) to ensure effective learning and a positive experience for internship participants.
Internship Learning Objectives, Roles and Responsibilities:
During the course of the placement, the intern will work with their mentor/supervisor and other members of the organization to gain experience and knowledge in the following professional roles and responsibilities:
- The solicitation and selection process of vendors, in compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Review processes for check requisition orders to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Proper evaluation skills to ensure the quality and costs of services and products purchased by the Activity.
- The creation and review of local purchase orders in compliance with donor and HQ rules and regulations.
- Organization and tracking of all local procurements.
- Assistance with the preparation and submission of invoices to the finance department and final payment to vendors.
- Management of office supplies and Activity inventory.
- Other areas of development as may be prescribed from time to time.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Social Sciences or Procurement and Logistics Management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have graduated within the previous 24 months.No candidates over 24 months post-graduation are eligible for the internship program.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team building skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work in a multicultural environment.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers .
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls, please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.