Job Title: Special Needs Teacher
Organisation: Heritage International School
Heritage International School Jobs: We are looking for an internationally qualified and experienced Special Needs Teacher. The Special Needs Teacher addresses individual students with specific needs, so as to enable each one to reach their full potential and allow them to feel safe and supported so they can fully function in school.
The Special Needs Teacher works as a liaison between parents, teachers, students, and personal assistants (PAs). The Special Needs Teacher works with parents to vet PAs that are the best fit for the student and family needs while ensuring the needs and expectations of the school are met.
As the Special Needs Teacher other responsibilities include training, developing and monitoring the PAs, serving as a member of the Student Support Services team, and teaching special needs or academically enriched students in small groups. He/she will also assess student needs as well as provide Individual Education Plans and Behavioral Intervention plans.
Heritage International School is a dynamic Christian school serving a diverse group of families from a wide variety of cultural and faith backgrounds. We are fully accredited with the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA). We follow the North American based curriculum for Language Arts, Singapore Math, and the IPC curriculum for Social Studies and Science in Elementary. Our Secondary School is based on students working towards the attainment of our High School Diploma and writing their SAT and AP exams for universities in North America, Europe and beyond.
- Enthusiastic and growing Christian with the heart of a missionary
- Values and beliefs that align with the school’s Statement of Faith
- Strong academic credentials with valid teaching certification (BEd, ACSI certification, teaching license, or PGC)
- Two years relevant experience preferred, but not required
- International experience preferred, but not required
- Two year commitment preferred
- All applicants are required to complete a Heritage application form, write a personal testimony and statement of faith and provide both spiritual and professional references.
- All staff must complete a police background check and Interpol check.
How to apply:
Staff receive a modest monthly salary plus some additional benefits. Please inquire for further details.
Before employment, Professional and Spiritual references will be checked along with a required police check.
It is an exciting time to be at Heritage as our student body grows allowing our staff to grow as well. If you are interested in working at Heritage, please complete the application form, and submit a CV or Resume along with a copy of your academic/teaching credentials to email@example.com and we will begin the interview process.
Deadline: Open till filled.