Job Title: 20 Volunteers
Organization: Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Departmental Manager
The Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB) is a body corporate established under the Lotteries and Gaming Act No. 7 of 2016 which came into effect on 8th April 2016. The Act is supported by a set of 5 Regulations which came into effect on 28th May 2016. The law mandates the Board to regulate the operations of lotteries, casinos and betting houses (Industry).
Part Time Jobs Uganda 2019: The Volunteer will support the Board in carrying out Sensitization, Inspection & compliance and carrying out research on behalf of the Board when called upon. The Volunteers shall be paid allowance for the work done which shall be determined by the Board of Directors from time to time. The Volunteers shall work with the Board only when called upon.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sensitize the public about the LGRB and its mandate
- Sensitize the public about the gaming industry at large
- Conduct periodic Compliance reviews and audits upon request to ensure that Compliance procedures are followed.
- Carry out the assessment of general industrial compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
- Identify and report compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation by Compliance Officers.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities upon request by the Board.
- Ensure strict compliance with all applicable NGB policies, directives, administrative rules and regulations.
- Monitor, document and report gaming sector compliance to the supervisor.
- Remain apprised of current and emerging issues of the gaming industry.
- Comply with all enforcement schedules, practices and deadlines when called upon.
- Conduct gaming enforcement operations as assigned.
- Collect and collate data/information used for policy development and decision making upon request.
- Monitor the implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility ( CSR) activities by the operators.
- Sensitize, identify and report any responsible gaming gaps especially concerning minors and gaming addicts.
- Perform any other duty as may be required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The applicant for the Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board (LGRB) Volunteer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Business Administration, Mass communication, Economics, Law, Accounting, Statistics, or any other related course from a recognized University
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send copies of certified academic and professional qualifications addressed and submitted in triplicate to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Lotteries and Gaming Regulatory Board,
4th Floor, Communications House,
Plot 1. Colville Street,
P.O. Box 5446 Kampala. Uganda
Applications can either be hand delivered, mailed or sent by courier. Applications by mail or courier must reach before the deadline date. Two professional referees must be named and their physical addresses, telephone number and email.
Deadline: 4th April 2019 by 5:00pm