Job Title: Graduate Intern
Dept: Communications Department
Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Communications Manager
Plan International Uganda Jobs 2019: More often than not, young graduates do not get opportunities for real interface with the work environment that relates to their areas study prior to being ushered into the field of work. Hence, the engagement of an intern will give the youth an opportunity to gain experience to prepare them for the job market and/or self-employment.
The internship also offers opportunities for networking with like-minded professionals. Given the above background, the department needs a graduate intern to train, develop and support Country strategic communication demands and global ambitions. The Graduate intern will gain additional communication skills and hands on experience of working and tapping into the wealth of communication aspect of Plan International as well as increase his/her employability skills. The incumbent will also support the communication team in meeting the goal of the communication strategy.
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago and is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations (non-profit / INGOs) in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with programme teams to document impact stories for further sharing and profiling the organisation’s work to effectively draw lessons and in line with the Country strategy.
- Compiles quarterly newsletters and bi-monthly bulletins
- Coordinates the design, development and roll out of the campaign and project materials (such as documentaries, photos, posters, fliers and brochures) by working closely with service providers and the procurement team.
- Works with communication team in planning and organising public events and outreaches meetings in line with the Plan International Uganda strategic priorities.
- Participates in promoting Plan International Uganda’s visibility on existing Plan International platforms (such as Planet and Media Bank, ) and approved social media sites
- Impact stories documented (along with photos and video clips) and shared per quarter (at least 1 impact story per Country programme every quarter including Disaster Risk Management )
- Quarterly newsletter and bi-monthly bulletins compiled (1 quarterly newsletter, 2 bi-monthlies compiled)
- Public events coordinated and meetings ( depending on Plan International calendar and project events)
- Social media posts achieved per quarter (at least 3 programme/event related posts every week)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants must be fresh graduates who have completed their degrees in the recent 18 months with a Bachelor’s degree preferably in mass communications, journalism, community development, or related fields.
- Knowledge of working in a Non-Governmental organizational environment
- Knowledge of taking still photography, videography, and story writing style of communication.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills with strong English language. capability (written and oral) and ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and principles.
- Experience with personal computing, email and general office productivity software.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 5th April 2019